SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-07-07, 01:50 PM   #1
pj_skydog

Default Who knows a good insurance company?

My bike's just been nicked. As a forum (almost) virgin I'm gutted and want to share that with other supportive souls. I'd just got my new Tomtom Rider 2 as well, after weeks of waiting. The first sunny evening for months I took the bike out to visit a friend and left it outside the house overnight. In the morning it was gone. Last year I was knocked off my beloved Ducati Monster 620ie and got an SV instead - was very happy, especially with the much reduce service costs! But I'd rather the bike got written off than deal with the bureaucracy of the police and the insurance company. Does anyone have a good experience with an insurance company?
Old 26-07-07, 02:05 PM   #2
stuartyboy

Default Re: Who knows a good insurance company?

Sorry for your loss mate.

IMO all insurance companies are fantastic when they take your money. Promise you the earth etc etc. But when it comes to a claim they are all ****e. Left hanging for weeks/months and they try and fleece you so as to minimise their loss.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'd avoid Bennetts at all costs. They are brokers though. Avoid GHL/Zenith like the plague.
Old 26-07-07, 02:11 PM   #3
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Er? Isn't it a bit late to be looking for insurance?

Or are you just looking for goood experience (hopefully from your company) to put your mind at rest?

Claimed from Equity Red Star - V. happy.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 02:19 PM   #4
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Er? Isn't it a bit late to be looking for insurance?
Aye - just noticed that as well
Old 26-07-07, 02:21 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

I dont think any insurance companies cover for incidents that occur prior to taking out the insurance or after the insurance policy has expired.....

Matt
Old 26-07-07, 02:31 PM   #6
ASM-Forever

I dont think he is looking for insurance....just venting which he has the right to do
Old 26-07-07, 03:51 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

I've always been very happy with Carole Nash, but the proof of the pudding is in the claiming, which I've never done. Every other part- changes, price, breakdown cover, etc- has been spot on. I would, on the other hand, rather eat my own a**e than deal with CIA Insurance ever again, they tread the line between criminal incompetence and incompetent criminality.

Sorry about the bike... Hope it gets sorted easily.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-07, 03:58 PM   #8
kwak zzr

All insurance company's are rubbish, thieving robbing bastwards. i'll go now
Old 26-07-07, 03:59 PM   #9
melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
I've always been very happy with Carole Nash, but the proof of the pudding is in the claiming, which I've never done. Every other part- changes, price, breakdown cover, etc- has been spot on. I would, on the other hand, rather eat my own a**e than deal with CIA Insurance ever again, they tread the line between criminal incompetence and incompetent criminality.

Sorry about the bike... Hope it gets sorted easily.
When my little CG was nicked, I was with Carole Nash and they were alright in my opinion. Asked a few qestions, wanted an incident report number from the police and I had my cheque within 6 weeks. I was very pleased with my payout as it was only £100 short of what I had paid for the bike, after deducting excess. I KNOW I'd never have got that much if I'd sold the bike myself.

Not with Carole Nash now, purely because I had a cheaper quote for the SV elsewhere.
Old 26-07-07, 06:19 PM   #10
ASM-Forever

As others have said, Carole Nash gets my vote. I will probably end up renewing with them...any other quote would have to save me over £100 before i even considered it.