SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-12-20, 07:52 PM   #8871
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...costs-by-100s/

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
From 27 March 2012:
" Postage Stamps go up a humungous amount & new ones must be used from April 30th. Second: 36 to 50p, First: 46 to 60p.
Never mind buying ISAs, go to the Post Office & get as many first & second class stamps as you can afford, although I bet there's a ' shortage ' any time soon. "
Rates have changed but principle's the same!
Old 13-12-20, 08:26 PM   #8872
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
never ever never NEVER let someone pay for the damage outwith insurance. if they hit your back end then its their fault. ALWAYS go through insurance.
This. Every time on both counts. Don't accept the other party's offer to pay cash and definitely report it. You will have a minor premium uplift for no-fault but they will have a worse one, so make them pay. Plus, if you do find in a day or so your health deteriorates you have it on record why and you should be able to make a claim for damages if needed. And yes, your car may be structurally damaged under the skin so let your insurer take it and sort it. It may be nothing but peace of mind means a LOT!
Old 13-12-20, 08:27 PM   #8873
redtrummy

Originally Posted by Dave20046
'I got vigorously ploughed from behind earlier. In the car this is, I’ve got whiplash and unbelievably there is no visible damage to my car so I had no intention on notifying the scum cartel - however my old man’s got me paranoid they may have wrecked the crumple zone under the bumper and if I get hit again it won’t do as good a job . I’m not up on cars, what do we think orgo’s?it was a 40 zone she braked about 2 metres away (watched her bonnet dive) from me so probably hit about 30mph.
If it’s a risk I might ask her if she want to pay to get it checked or go via insurance to
Cover the check/repairs.'

Was the hit 'square on' ? If more to one side then if as SV650 states re doors and boot gaps look ok then why not measure corner to corner diagonally? - both should be about the same obviously.
But if the hit was on the plastic bumper and that looks ok then you are probably ok

Another thing worth checking is the gap between wheel arch and tyre, again should be the same both sides.

A good body shop would check it out as you say but if the above all look ok personally I would let it go. But then I like an easy life.

You pays your money and you takes your choice however if you are injured and have suffered whiplash that may be a greater consideration. Injuries can take time to recover and if it means loss of work/mobility you should be compensated.

The few bumps I have had the insurance companies invariably seem to open with a 50 - 50 gambit

Last edited by redtrummy; 13-12-20 at 08:36 PM.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-20, 08:39 PM   #8874
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Cheers folks. Tailgate mech opens and closes fine, I did initially think the rear arches looked a bit low but thought my imagination. I do hate insurers and love that my bike insurance is £80 a year , but the more my neck’s clicking when I look up from my phone the more I think I probably should just lodge it with them .

It was square on, I saw her coming - when I saw her brake I thought this’ll be close and looked away for a sec expecting a minor shunt but looks like her abs was either off or didn’t kick in as it was a decent thwack. Know I’ve only got 24 hours to claim and reckon she may have notified her insurer despite what I said (she seemed very by the book and 100% more bothered by it than me) which I think will stitch me up if I don’t mention it.

Last edited by Dave20046; 13-12-20 at 08:41 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-20, 10:18 PM   #8875
Craig380
Mega Poster

+1 on what Bibs said, do it through your insurance and stick to your guns that you were in no way at fault.

If they try and get you to accept split liability, tell them this and email them to this effect too: "I do not consent to you as my insurer accepting liability in any way, I find the other party wholly liable for the incident, and wish for you to pursue my lawful losses in full."

Insurers push for split liability because it saves them effort and money. But you don't have accept what they say. Remember that you pay your insurance for so they can defend you against any claim made against you, and so that they can claim on your behalf when you are the injured party.

Any advice they may give you about splitting liability is purely to save them money, so tell them you don't accept that advice and they need to do what you have paid them for.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-20, 11:10 PM   #8876
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Oh yes I’m wise to their split ****ery. Luckily I remembered to actually plug my dash cam in and it’s very apparent it’s her fault so no way of claiming I slammed on my anchors or any of that stuff.
She’s just text me saying she doesn’t want to go through insurance but the more I think about it I need to, if my car gets checked this week I’ll have to taxi/ hire something for work while they have it unless I go to a super expensive courtesy car type place and they’ll no doubt find or make up an issue and then she will probably baulk at the cost
Old 14-12-20, 08:03 AM   #8877
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Have you got her insurance details?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-20, 09:09 AM   #8878
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Have you got her insurance details?
Yeah I took everything and checked she was insured at the scene.

Wow I woke up stiff this morning
(not that it's anything compared to torn ligaments!)
Old 14-12-20, 09:37 AM   #8879
Craig380
Mega Poster

That's great news you had your dashcam on. Should shut the door on any attempted monkey business.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-20, 10:06 AM   #8880
Grant66

Ditto with the dash cam. The other insurers admitted 100% liability on the same day they got the video

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote