SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-08, 11:15 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Embarrassing Kids

All parents of children over the age of about 3 know just how the little darlings can do or say really embarrassing things in public, but when we were talking about this at work today, I had to admit that the most embarrassing thing any of my three had done was when my lads were 18 and 19. This is the story that had them killing themselves laughing at work.

It was my 40th birthday party. I had around 100 guests comprised of friends, family, and the girls who worked for me. Even my district manager,Sadie, who had overheard my staff talking about it and basically invited herself along. Several of my lads friends had come along too, and one of them provided the disco. Everything went really well for the first couple of hours. The music Julian was playing was varied enough to suit everyone, the buffet was keeping everyone happy, and the bar was doing great business. I was having a ball.

It must have been about 10.30 when there was a sudden lull in the music. Then, Tom Jones' 'You Can Leave Your Hat On' started playing. This is a shorter, and U rated version of how my thought processes went over the next couple of minutes.

'Tom Jones! That's a bit old for this lot. Oh good, Ben and Simon are going to tell him to change it. Hang on, they're dancing to it. Why are they dancing to it. Oh my God, I recognise that dance. They're not. Please God, they're not! Oh no, they're unbuttoning their shirts, they're taking them off, they're twirling them round their heads. Oh my God, all my Saturday staff are in a line cheering and egging them on. OH MY GOD, Sadie is in the line. She's caught Ben's shirt. I want to die. Oh no, they're unzipping their trousers, oh my God, oh my God, they won't. Oh God, they will. What's Julian doing? He's throwing them cowboy hats, they've turned their backs, the boxers are coming down............oh no, no, no, don't throw your pants, don't throw your pants, don't.................oh God. Leave your hats on. Leave your hats on. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

There are, so I've been told, lots of photographs of the moment my two lads decided NOT to leave their hats on, and go The Full Monty

So lets hear your stories of your children embarrassing you

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 11:35 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Embarrassing Kids

LOL - nice one Lissa

My lad decided to join my gay pal pole dancing (even I have to admit Lyndon is a well sexy dancer! )at a going away party we had when we left York. He was fourteen at the time! He kept pace with Lyndon to his boxers and stopped (thank god) Lyndon kept going to a thong he carried for such occasions.......... Some friends took Jon home to sleep it off..........
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08, 08:09 AM   #3
kitkat

lol

my daughter can embarass me with surprising regularity.

Last year we were all staying at my bfs place for the summer. It was a studio flat and not a lot of privacy. Our bed separated from kids by a wooden screen. Anyway we were just heading out for the day when my son started asking about babies and how could my bf have a child as he wasnt married. I explained you dont have to be married to have a baby you just have to have sex. He looked confused. Then daughter announced you should know about that what do you think they have been up to all morning.

another occassion when she was younger, walking round a supermarket she stood and pointed to a small guy (dwarf but I dont know if that is politically correct) and said he shouldnt be out without his mum. I said he is an adult but very short. Why? came the usual question. I whispered its just the way he was born he is a dwarf. No he cant be a dwarf he doesnt have a pointy hat - at the top of her voice. Luckily the wee guy just laughed.
Old 13-03-08, 12:46 PM   #4
Caddy2000

There are two famous occasions in our household where I embarrased my Dad:
They were both when I was quite young (younger than 7 I think).
The first was in a very busy service station whilst on a camping holiday in Britain somewhere, whilst me a dad were having a pee I looked up and down the row of urinals and ask my dad in a very lound voice"Why do some men have bigger willies than others dad?"

The other was at our local swimming pool and dad and i were getting changed. I remember dad had picked me up so I was at his eye level.
There was a bloke in front of us who intrigued me; the question came out just as lound as the urinal incident:
"Dad, why that man got a huge lump on his back?"
I think he had a tumor, or the world's biggest hairiest wart.....

Kids, eh......
Old 13-03-08, 01:34 PM   #5
Lozzo

Shopping in Sainsburys with my church-going ex and our 3 kids. Mum sends the two girls, aged 6 and 8, off in front to find shampoo. We saw the elder one dive into the shelves and pull out a green bottle, waving it frantically in the air, just as three of Jane's elderly church-going friends appeared around the corner behind the two girls. Daughter shouts at the top of her voice "Mummy, do you want Orgasmics or the other one?"

Jane could have died, but it was diffused a bit by one of the god-bothering grannies saying "My George calls it that too, but not usually as loud".

We called it "Just Shampoo" from that day on
Old 13-03-08, 08:30 PM   #6
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Well not overly embarrassing but rather funny...

Standing in the queue at the supermarket with my daughter who was then about 3 at the time. There was a couple of people in the queue in front and a couple of people behind us. and it went something like "dad" what? "dad" what? "DAD" WHAT? "I just farted and it really smells"
Old 13-03-08, 08:40 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Well not overly embarrassing but rather funny...

Standing in the queue at the supermarket with my daughter who was then about 3 at the time. There was a couple of people in the queue in front and a couple of people behind us. and it went something like "dad" what? "dad" what? "DAD" WHAT? "I just farted and it really smells"
my sons done that tooooo, then blamed me.

currently he is wearing a hat permanently on his head, because on sunday night he decided he would try and shave his head. He's six.
He has a very nice bald spot right in the middle of his head and I can't go and get it cut to match, because its as smooth as a babies bum and would still stick out like a sore thumb if it was.....good job hes blonde or it would look a whole load worse.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08, 11:52 PM   #8
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
my sons done that tooooo, then blamed me.

currently he is wearing a hat permanently on his head, because on sunday night he decided he would try and shave his head. He's six.
He has a very nice bald spot right in the middle of his head and I can't go and get it cut to match, because its as smooth as a babies bum and would still stick out like a sore thumb if it was.....good job hes blonde or it would look a whole load worse.

More like you blamed him!

You'll just have to bic his whole head. I did a similar thing when i was that sort of age, i cut a big chunk out of my fringe. The biggest problem was that it was the day before the school photos
Old 14-03-08, 12:05 AM   #9
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
You'll just have to bic his whole head. I did a similar thing when i was that sort of age, i cut a big chunk out of my fringe. The biggest problem was that it was the day before the school photos
I did that rather recently, clippers not razor but still made such a hash of it I had to go to the barbers to get it done properly. Can't think why I started right in the middle, then thought that's not such a good idea.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 12:06 AM   #10
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
all morning.
Bet someone was quite proud rather than embarressed
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote