SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-08, 09:28 PM   #31
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: The MTB thread

New carbon was only just over half a grand, although it was last years model at the time, not that I cared as I was a beginner, it's a hardtail though..
Old 21-10-08, 09:30 PM   #32
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
New carbon was only just over half a grand, although it was last years model at the time, not that I cared as I was a beginner, it's a hardtail though..
looks good too
Old 21-10-08, 09:32 PM   #33
northwind
Mega Poster

Mine are Suntour too, but they're not too bad. They do allsorts from, well, complete rubbish to half decent. They make the cheap marzocchis too I think. Not much of a claim to fame that mind...

You can get a complete carbon framed bike for a grand, if you don't mind shopping at... Aargh, halfords again! Merida make the frame, mind, so it should be decent.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 09:33 PM   #34
Tim in Belgium

Black is the new black.
Old 21-10-08, 09:34 PM   #35
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Mine are Suntour too, but they're not too bad. They do allsorts from, well, complete rubbish to half decent. They make the cheap marzocchis too I think. Not much of a claim to fame that mind...

You can get a complete carbon framed bike for a grand, if you don't mind shopping at... Aargh, halfords again! Merida make the frame, mind, so it should be decent.
may just have a bad set then last shocks i had were rst's they were alot better than these particular ones although no adjustment on them i hear good stuff about rockshox may invest in a set
Old 21-10-08, 09:36 PM   #36
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
That's a bargain. Just googled the XTC and looked at a few online shops and it's £1450 for the cheapest 08.

I can pick up a 06 for £600

Last edited by Law; 21-10-08 at 09:39 PM.
Old 21-10-08, 09:39 PM   #37
chris8886
Mega Poster

i have an oldish Giant Box II, with set of fubarred marzhochi bomber forks (any suggestions on where to get em fixed appriciated (the seals are buggered and i'm sure something else is wrong too)), a bent back wheel, knackered brakes and gears. it's done a good job for me so far. use it do ride to work fairly regularly and take it to bracknell to the mountain biking place there (can't remember what it's called) when i can.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 09:42 PM   #38
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
use it do ride to work fairly regularly and take it to bracknell to the mountain biking place there (can't remember what it's called) when i can.
Swinley Forest? That's where I go. It's got the Lookout and Go Ape there and Coral Reef Waterworld opposite.
Old 21-10-08, 09:45 PM   #39
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Swinley Forest? That's where I go. It's got the Lookout and Go Ape there and Coral Reef Waterworld opposite.
YEP, the lookout, that's the one!! great place, love it. haven't been for sooo long, really miss it.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-08, 09:52 PM   #40
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
YEP, the lookout, that's the one!! great place, love it. haven't been for sooo long, really miss it.
Found this video of Swinley on the net, been on some of the trails shown but not as fast these guys cos I'm unfit.