SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-03-07, 07:02 PM   #1
Rog

Default Sad day in the Rog House hold(selling bike)

After nearly 2 years of fun I have had to sell my SV

My wife has a dodgy pelvis after our 2 nippers and the pillion on the SV was becoming a real bind ( mixture of many things, suspension, seat position, peg height etc..) and it was getting to the point where she didnt want to come on the bike. As we go to a lot of racing and the fact that I my wife above my bike (just mind) I had to go for something different.

So after many test rides and dileberations we had got it down to two bikes, a thundercat or a CBR600F.

We eventually settled on a YZF600 Thundercat. Shes an 03 plate, so the last of her line with only 7000 miles on the clock. For the same price i could only get a 00 plate CBR with just under 20000 miles on the clock. I know that the CBR is a brilliant bike, but after doing a lot of research and test riding I really do feel that the THundercat is underated.

I really wanted to keep the SV but I cant justfy 2 bikes to my wallet. There are not enough sad emoticons to express my regret. I know that some would say I could have modded the SV but that could have been a very expensive exercise to find she still wasnt comfortable.

So has anyone had a thundercat and if so what did you think ?
Old 17-03-07, 07:28 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Sad day in the Rog House hold

darylB has a blue one.
Old 17-03-07, 07:41 PM   #3
Rog

Thats becuase he holds it too tight

But serioulsy, Ill have to PM him to see what he thinks.
Old 17-03-07, 09:28 PM   #4
gettin2dizzy

get a new wife
Old 17-03-07, 10:36 PM   #5
Ed

This is darylB's bike. He's had a new can on it since. The black Hornet behind it is my old bike.

The cat is physically a big bike, very comfortable, and fast - well Daryl never has any probs keeping up Corners well too. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 18-03-07, 12:02 AM   #6
Rog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
get a new wife
Damn, didnt think of that !!
Old 18-03-07, 06:47 AM   #7
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

You really didn't think this through properly did you ?

I agree(ish) with G2D - except that I would have looked into modding or at least getting some aftermarket parts to bring the wife up to the spec that you wanted

Seriously though, I've always thought that the Thundercat is one of the most underated & overlooked bikes around - so enjoy !!
Old 18-03-07, 07:37 AM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

I read somewhere that the Cat is a vastly underrated bike, in fact it said that it was one of the best bikes Yamaha had ever built, so praise indeed.
Good luck with it matey
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-07, 11:21 AM   #9
Rog

Thanks all for your comments. Once I get it and have ridden it for a bit I will give a write up and a comparison to the SV. I have ridden IL4 before and I know I will miss the Vtwin feel and sound.

By the way Superox I tried your suggestion. After I had jacked her up on the paddock stand, got underneath with tool in hand, she was not ammused. Consequently Im not allowed out of the cupboard for three days. (I dont think the laptop battery will last that long!!!)
Old 18-03-07, 07:46 PM   #10
darylB

Default Re: Sad day in the Rog House hold(selling bike)

The cat is a heavier and larger bike but i'm sure you'll love it' i put a powerbronze airflow double bubble on it and a scottoiler plus a remus revolution can , it now sounds brill, if you want to pm me please do. i'll answer any questions you might av if i can, i haven't regretted buying it 4 one minute . a very underrated bike.

Daryl.