SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-08-15, 11:03 PM   #21
barnesy213

Default Re: Tappy noise

doubt that will fix it but might aswell , just carnt do with a tappy bike kind of embarasing when someone pulls up next to you on a better bike ( ninja zx6r for example) and there's mine tappeting away to its self
Old 31-08-15, 01:50 PM   #22
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tappy noise

Had a listen to the new video and while I can hear the tapping noise, I still don't think it's anything serious to worry about.

One thing that might be worth checking is the tightness of the spark plugs. They can and do loosen a little in use as the tightening torque is low (8lb-ft / 11nm). I checked mine the other weekend (it had a major service just over 1000 miles ago before I collected it from the supplying dealer) and while I wasn't losing compression or getting any running problems, the plugs weren't much more than finger tight. I just snugged them back up. NGK recommend 1/12th of a turn (30 degrees) from finger tight, for tightening previously-used plugs.

All you need to do to get to the front plug is remove the little plastic flap under the bottom fork yoke (1x 10mm bolt), remove the bolt holding the radiator to the front cylinder head, and disconnect the horn connector. You can then push the radiator forward to pull off the plug cap. The rear plug is a doddle.

Last edited by Craig380; 31-08-15 at 01:51 PM.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote