SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-02-07, 05:02 PM   #1
Baph

Default Link pipe help

Well, folks, I'm certainly a happy camper right now. My mood might be dampened soon ish, but for now, I'm very very very happy.

Straight to business...

I don't suppose anyone knows (or knows where I can find out) the exact dimensions of the link pipe required to fit an end can on the SV650S (K6)? I'm meaning everything from internal diameters (both engine side, and exhaust side), length of the link pipe, external diameter (if applicable), ideal materials to use, etc etc

Why am I asking? Well, one or two of you already know

I'm now the proud owner of a fuel can, and it cost me £26 (inc P&P). The only problem, it's a bolt on, not a slip on. Worst comes to the worst, if I can't fit it to the SV, it can go back on ebay (or for sale on here). Cost me £26, isn't like I'd loose money by selling it
Old 15-02-07, 09:51 PM   #2
kwak zzr

chewy does some bolt on to slip on converters.
Old 15-02-07, 11:42 PM   #3
Baph

Many thanks kwak, I can't see the specific one I'd need there, but it's a starting place.

I was googling before looking for "SV650 link pipe" and various combinations of that. Looking at chewy's site, "header adaptor" is a more appropriate term. That's thrown back a few folks, so just need to wait for the emails back from them now.

Thanks again
Old 16-02-07, 12:10 AM   #4
sv650nutter149

think bandit mania do a converter but not sure just google bandit mania and im sure ull find a good site
Old 16-02-07, 12:15 AM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650nutter149 View Post
think bandit mania do a converter but not sure just google bandit mania and im sure ull find a good site
Thanks again for the reply. Bandit mania do both 3 bolt convertors & 4 bolt convertors.

However, I'm a mechanical numpty & have no idea if what they sell will fit. If it does, at that price, I'll be a seriously happy camper. That'd mean a fuel exhaust bought, posted, and probably fitted, for less than £50.

I've already mailed them to ask about compatability.

To prevent me having to make similar posts, I've also emailed TwinShack. It doesn't look like they do the convertors, but you never know. I'm also looking for more companies to buy one off.

If I can't buy one, then I'll be looking at making one, hence the dimensions. There's a number of friendly fabrication companies around here

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 16-02-07, 09:19 AM   #6
ejohnh

Just googled to no avail... wassa 'fuel can' ? John
Old 16-02-07, 09:22 AM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh View Post
Just googled to no avail... wassa 'fuel can' ? John
John, try clicking here. That's the can I bought
Old 16-02-07, 09:32 AM   #8
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
John, try clicking here. That's the can I bought
Thanks Baph. That looks nice; you got that for £26!!! nice one! lol I love the way it says "Removable baffle must remain in the can at all times"