SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-07, 08:56 AM   #1
maxdan

Default Very wobbley brake disc

One of my brake discs on a naked sv650 K1 is wobbling a lot, this isn't where its bolted on to the wheel but between the center disc and the the outer ring which are linked by odd looking connection rings. It is actually making a banging sound at low speeds . I take it this is not normal, do I need a new brake disc or is this fixable in any way? Other than this the disc is unwarped, unridged and has more than 0.6mm left all the way round, and having a quick look around, brake discs seem very pricey

Thanks
Old 05-07-07, 09:46 AM   #2
Warthog

Default Re: Very wobbley brake disc

Can't help you technically but I have front brake discs for sale in the for sale section if it helps.
Old 10-07-07, 07:20 PM   #3
k6sv650sport

Default Re: Very wobbley brake disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdan View Post
One of my brake discs on a naked sv650 K1 is wobbling a lot, this isn't where its bolted on to the wheel but between the center disc and the the outer ring which are linked by odd looking connection rings. It is actually making a banging sound at low speeds . I take it this is not normal, do I need a new brake disc or is this fixable in any way? Other than this the disc is unwarped, unridged and has more than 0.6mm left all the way round, and having a quick look around, brake discs seem very pricey

Thanks

Hi maxdan im afraid you going to need new disks its where the disk is a floating disk and they have worn away at the joints over use. I have disks for sale at 50 pounds the pair only covered 9k miles.