SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-12-08, 10:50 PM   #1
Peaceful

Default Handle Bars

Ok here is my situation, last year around april i decided to trade in my Hyosung 125 GTR for a SV650N 2003, everything has been great since then the bike handles like a dream and the torque is amazing but i have one problem with it and thats the handle bars.
It has been over a year now and i cannot for the life of me become 100% confortable with the riding posistion especially corners becuase sometimes it feels like the bars just want to go inwards.
Basically what i wanted to ask originally is that i wanted to know if there was a way to change my bars the the ones on a SV650S? so that im in a more of a leaned forward posistion than upright. Thanks.
Old 06-12-08, 11:13 PM   #2
madness

Default Re: Handle Bars

Why not try some straighter 'superbike' bars. They should have less rise and give a more leaned forward position.
Old 07-12-08, 05:28 AM   #3
Peaceful

Not entirely sure what you mean, do you have any links to any websites that sell them?
Old 07-12-08, 12:21 PM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful View Post
Basically what i wanted to ask originally is that i wanted to know if there was a way to change my bars the the ones on a SV650S?
Yes, the fork diameter is the same between the 'N' and the 'S' so they will fit straight on to your bike. The cheapest way to check if it suits you is to source a set of 'S' clip-ons from Ebay and fit them, if its comfortable you can then go and complete the full swap.

You will find that all cables will be to long, they are longer on the 'N' models due to the higher bars.
Old 07-12-08, 12:35 PM   #5
BBadger

I had the same issue, along with bending one side forward with my knee. another story there.

I went on busters and bought some drag bars... once here took about 1 1/2" of each side and they fit like a dream with clearence. Allows you to get right in if need be.
Old 08-12-08, 07:27 AM   #6
Peaceful

ah thanks all the feedback was very helpful, i think i will go for the full swap after taking a test run on a mates sv650s the riding posistion is perfect for me. Now i just gotta find someone that is breaking their sv650s
Old 08-12-08, 08:35 AM   #7
Dangerous Dave

Have a look on Ebay
Old 08-12-08, 02:50 PM   #8
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful View Post
ah thanks all the feedback was very helpful, i think i will go for the full swap after taking a test run on a mates sv650s the riding posistion is perfect for me. Now i just gotta find someone that is breaking their sv650s
I think FG1 might be able to help, pm him?
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 05:39 PM   #9
Peaceful

ok thanks
Old 08-12-08, 05:42 PM   #10
Peaceful

sent him a pm, now its the waiting game while i surf ebay