SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-08-17, 09:55 AM   #4761
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

HR!

I wrote a rant. But pulled it. Suffice to say, I wish they would just get on with it and do their job.
Old 08-08-17, 10:23 AM   #4762
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
HR!

I wrote a rant. But pulled it. Suffice to say, I wish they would just get on with it and do their job.
But your rants are my favourite
Old 08-08-17, 10:42 AM   #4763
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post

I assume the touratech mounts directly onto the bars and isn't un-bolt-able once in place with a tomtom locked inside? i.e. if someone had the right tools it would still not be removable?

The Touratech kit can be bolted to the bars or attached as mine is to a Ram mount. If you have a Ram then you need the locking arm, which I also now have. Can wander in to a petrol station or go for a pee now without worrying, although for longer periods I'd take it off and topbox it or take it with me.

The TT premium kit uses their own locking device which is metal but has a very flimsy lock and (for the Rider 40/400 series) the same locking Ram arm as I have.

Unfortunately I am not as clever as Bibs so got a Rider model. The 40 has been superseded and can be found on offer from several places. The 400 gives you very little on top as far as I can tell. Both let you log in to TT MyRoute which in turns allows you to import files from Tyre, which has a much better drag and drop interface for route planning and uses Google maps.
Old 08-08-17, 10:59 AM   #4764
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
HR!

This was me last Thursday. I sent them a rather curt email, about to send another. May be slightly career limiting.... Asshats the lot of them!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 11:39 AM   #4765
dyzio
Mega Poster

Was supposed to be leaving for a overnight trip on Sunday morning, nipped out to fill the bikes up late on Saturday, picked up a nail on the way back.

Last edited by dyzio; 08-08-17 at 11:41 AM.
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 02:53 PM   #4766
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
HR!

My wife was in HR with a fairly large company, believe me they haven't got an easy job and have to keep up with ever changing employment legislation and everything they do has to be legal and above board, even when faced with people who can't do the job they are paid to do and are taking the p!ss with endless tribunals. If HR fouls up, even with a procedural technicality when dismissing a timewasting scrote who was stealing stuff from the company or bullying other employees it can cost the company a lot of money if it goes to tribunal, and tribunals sometimes make perverse judgments, based on a tiny step in procedure that they judge to be wrong. In my wifes opinion HR was the hatchet man used by the company to do their dirty work, which not only caused an awful lot of work but at the end of the day HR got blamed by everyone for results of decisions made by management, who hide behind HR.

One of the silliest things my wife was asked to do quite often was when managers ignored the 3 month probation period for new employees (even when prompted by HR after a couple of months) and left it up to 6 months or more before they said to HR "this man / woman is hopeless, can you get rid of them and get me someone else" - my wife had to explain that as the probation period had passed it was now going to be very difficult and probably cost the company a lot of money. Of course HR got the blame again as usual. Everyone in the company from Chairman down just dumped their problems on HR and expected miracles.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 08-08-17 at 04:36 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 04:49 PM   #4767
Trev B

Management has been the biggest problem in the UK for the last 40 years.Many have no people skills,or idea how the work force actually work,They march into positions by having a degree in bean counting or a relative there and wallop top table,even in my last interview I was asked " can the manager of a chocolate factory manage a coal mine", the answer was YES,Managers manage,that's what managers do !!!! Summed it up one question for me.
Old 08-08-17, 06:19 PM   #4768
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
Was supposed to be leaving for a overnight trip on Sunday morning, nipped out to fill the bikes up late on Saturday, picked up a nail on the way back.

Snap

The first dry day in weeks. I went out tonight to go for a little bimble and the rear tyre is completely flat. Just 8 days away from the 1 year anniversary of my last puncture...

At least I actually got to use this tyre. Last time it was on a brand new tyre
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 06:29 PM   #4769
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Snap

The first dry day in weeks. I went out tonight to go for a little bimble and the rear tyre is completely flat. Just 8 days away from the 1 year anniversary of my last puncture...

At least I actually got to use this tyre. Last time it was on a brand new tyre
I always try to ride pretty much where the wheels of cars etc go on the road, as the centre bit of each lane and the bit either side of cats eyes which never normally see tyres tend to collect nails and screws, I work on the principle that the more tyres have gone over that bit of road before me there is a good chance one of them will have either picked the nail up before I go there, or squashed it flat into the road surface LOL

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 09-08-17 at 02:58 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 06:35 PM   #4770
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I always try to ride pretty much where the wheels of cars etc go on the road, as the centre bit of each lane and the bit either side of cats eyes which never normally see tyres tend to collect nails and screws, I work on the principle that the more tyres have gone over that bit of road before me their is a good chance one of them will have either picked the nail up before I go there, or squashed it flat into the road surface LOL
Yeah it is the sensible thing to do, but it all falls apart when you filter unfortunately

It looks like a little bit of glass in the tyre
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote