SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 05-09-06, 12:06 PM   #1
ninja bobw

Default 3rd Annual Killspills Rally Ace Cafe Saturday 9th Sept

WE NEED YOU! At the 3rd annual KillSpills rally, 11am Saturday 9th September 2006, from the Ace Cafe London to Westminster.

Last year we had over 2,500 bikers show there support for KillSpills at the 2nd KillSpills rally. Together we've helped highlight the dangers of diesel on our roads and prevented unnecessary harm. BUT we want to make this years rally even bigger and make our message even stronger and we cant do that with out you.

So join the KIllSpills team as we lead 1,000's of bikers to Westminster.
For more information visit the KillSpills website www.killspills.org.uk , or the KillSpills Forum http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/killspills.html. Contact the Team and let us know you are coming, and bring as many of your biker friends as you can.

ON THE KILLSPILLS FORUM, you will find organized rides to the Ace Cafe London from around the country, plus loads more, ask a Team member any questions you have about the campaign and we promise to reply.

ALSO ENJOY THE ACE CAFE REUNION - Focusing on bikes and their riders, whatever your style, Ace Cafe Reunion attracts people from all over the world who share the spirit of the Ace Cafe. Starting on Friday 8th September through to Sunday 10th, the weekend will inject a party atmosphere at the cafe, with bands, DJ's and special guests plus the KillSpills Motorcycle Demo Ride from the cafe to Westminster. Sunday includes our hugely popular rally on Brighton's famous seafront, with club stands, stalls, displays and some of that brill rock n' roll music!

COME TO THE RALLY AND GO HOME WITH £900 WORTH OF RIDING KIT - On the day of the rally Through our sponsors, the BMF, the new monthly bike paper Motor Cycle Monthly is putting up a reward of Richa Warrior leathers, a Shark helmet; Oxtar boots and Richa Supersport gloves for a protest rider who they snap at random in rally ride! All you have to do is come down to the Ace Cafe London, join in the KillSpills Rally to Westminster and return back to the Ace Cafe afterwards.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT WITH A KILLSPILLS T-SHIRT - KillSpills t-shirts are now available from the BMF shop (www.bmfshop.net) and will also be available on the day of the rally for only £9.99.

KILLSPILLS PROGRESS OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS

Since the last KillSpills Rally, the KillSpills Team has been working very hard on your behalf lobbying industry, politicians and the media.

This work and your support means we now sit on two of the four groups tasked with delivering the government’s National Motorcycle Strategy.
After the second KillSpills Rally in 2005, we were invited to join the Department for Transport’s Motorcycle Technical, Engineering and Environmental Group to give advice on the dangers diesel spills represent to all road users. In addition, we have been asked to sit on the National Motorcycle Council’s Traffic Management, Planning and Transport Policy Sub-Group.

We have also responded to the Driving Standards Agency public consultation on the Highway Code, proposing four additions to the Highway Code that would cut diesel spills. As part of this year’s report, we will be asking the prime minister to ensure these amendments are adopted!

KillSpills is represented on the Lancashire Road Safety Partnership’s Ridesafe Backsafe Group, chaired by Lancashire Police. The group is looking at ways of engaging motorcyclists with the aim of reducing rider fatalities.

We have written to over 100 big household name companies to ask them what they do to prevent diesel spills. We have received some very encouraging responses, and the KillSpills/BMF award for Achievement in Reducing Diesel Spills will continue.

Media coverage has included several news articles and editorials in Fast Bikes magazine.

We have agreed a sponsorship deal with the BMF for the second year running.
We appreciate all the support the BMF gives us, as we could not continue to organise the rally without it.

As they say, it’s good to talk, but after three years of campaigning we need ACTION! KillSpills will ensure that the dangers of diesel spills are not forgotten, and will, at every opportunity, push civil servants, politicians, ministers and industry for a solution to this dangerous problem. And for that we need YOU.

The BMF political team has arranged for an Early Day Motion to be tabled in the House of Commons about diesel spills. 110 MPs have already signed this – urge your MP to join them by visiting www.killspills.org.uk or www.bmf.co.uk and follow the link to email your MP. The more that sign, the greater the chance that the diesel debate will receive parliamentary time.

Also when you are on the above websites, follow the link and sign the KillSpills anniversary card which we will take to Number 10.

Most of all, come and join us at this year’s KillSpills Rally. It is designed to be a fun filled day where we deliver a hard hitting road safety message to the government. When you take 2500 bikes to Westminster, its amazing how politicians and civil servants look up and say, “better do something about this.”

The part YOU play in supporting US at the rally is just as important as all the hard work we do. Standing outside Downing Street, clapping as YOU all ride past, makes everything we do worthwhile.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the rally.

Post this on all the forums you are members off, and spread the word.

I realise this is a bit short notice but I do think its a worthwhile event having been on the previous ones.
Old 05-09-06, 12:15 PM   #2
minifun

I think theres a few of us already planning to go!
Old 05-09-06, 12:42 PM   #3
Ward8124

Yeah I think i will make an appearence too as ive had so many near offs cos of the stuff!
Old 05-09-06, 03:15 PM   #4
minifun

If you want to join me, I am meeting Paws over northampton way then onto the Ace!
Old 05-09-06, 05:22 PM   #5
MR K

Does anyone fancy meeting up at Infinity Motorcycle on the Hanger Lane Gyratory before heading into Ace? Figure with all the hustle that will be going on there, people can group and then head in en masse?

Just a thought but maybe a 10.30AM meeting time?

If anything else has already been sorted, please let me know. Cheers.
Old 05-09-06, 08:09 PM   #6
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

There's a dozen or so of us coming down. Meeting at Stratford bike park to leave at 8.45, then twisties, A40 and the last 20 miles on the M40. Looking to get to the Ace around 11. If anyone lives on our route down and fancies joining us, PM me.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 05:51 AM   #7
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR K
Does anyone fancy meeting up at Infinity Motorcycle on the Hanger Lane Gyratory before heading into Ace? Figure with all the hustle that will be going on there, people can group and then head in en masse?

Just a thought but maybe a 10.30AM meeting time?

If anything else has already been sorted, please let me know. Cheers.
Just a thought................Infinity might be a bit of a ******* to get a big group of bikes out of................that roundabout is a nightmare. Maybe the Esso petrol station? I guess most people will need to fill up before doing the rally anyway. We certainly will after the run down to there.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 07:33 AM   #8
MR K

Good point well made Lissa - had not really thought the entire plan through. Which Esso station - the one past the McDonalds/Wickes on the way towards Alperton?

I would be glad to meet you there (if you'll take me that is!).

Just let me know the time.

On a second note, this is my first rally so not really sure on the rules around road legal exhausts. Seeing as there are going to be Police around, is it a 'baffles in' job or are they pretty relaxed about the whole thing? I would hate to park my bike up and come back to see a ticket on it.

See you Saturday.
Old 06-09-06, 08:54 AM   #9
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR K
On a second note, this is my first rally so not really sure on the rules around road legal exhausts. Seeing as there are going to be Police around, is it a 'baffles in' job or are they pretty relaxed about the whole thing? I would hate to park my bike up and come back to see a ticket on it.

See you Saturday.
Last year we were all briefed that the plods would effectively turn a blind-eye to noisy cans, dark visors, small plates etc - on the condition that everyone's riding etiquette was faultless - ie absolutely no wheelies, burnouts etc.
Old 06-09-06, 09:01 AM   #10
petevtwin650

Mr K, the Esso station we were refering to is almost opposite the Ace. If you were coming from Hanger Lane as you peel off to get to the Ace, at the junction over the North Circ turn right instead of left. It's got a largish forecourt plus you can get drinks too. You can get to it coming from the M1 direction easily too. Turn left at the aforementioned junction and not right.

What does everybody think?