SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-09-07, 07:35 PM   #1
Defender

Unhappy Biker accident close to Squires Cafe Saturday 8th Sept

This morning when leaving the old A1 for the Sherburn turnoff (I was going to Squires cafe), I just about got onto the exit slip road and traffic was at a stop. A bike had gone down on the slip road going onto the old A1 and there was an ambulance, fire engine and a few cop cars. Didn't see anyone down but there were a few bikes at the scene. There was also a helicopter circling in the sky which I wasn't sure whether it was an ambulance or police one.

I'd had a good ride and clocked up 130miles up and down the M62 and around Oldham & Rochdale, so the scene that confronted me on the above slip road really took be aback. I'm concerned for the person/s who may have been injured. I have checked on the West York Police site but nothing, so I have no idea what happened

There's been several fatalities in the area this year. One only a few weeks ago when a tractor pulling a trailer drove onto the old A1 and a biker ploughed into it. I was told that the tractor driver has been done.
Old 08-09-07, 07:41 PM   #2
Ratty46

Default Re: Biker accident close to Squires Cafe Saturday 8th Sept

keep checking mate...

nice to see you show concern, if there have been fatalitiez are there no yellow incidnt signs up?

i feel for the chaps family...wether he's still with us or not.
Old 08-09-07, 07:48 PM   #3
Defender

Nothing more sobering then seeing or hearing of a biker down

The slip road I witnessed the scene at this morning is short and bendy and the road surface is lousy. Anyone who is aware of it would take it easy until it starts to straighten up, however, if the person wasn't aware they could have been caught out.
Old 08-09-07, 07:57 PM   #4
Ratty46

couldnt agree more, hate seing a bikeer down, makes my belly turn...seen it a few times unfortunetly...

witnessed a fatal scooter accident once....kid had same scoot as me at the time- speedfight- there was nothing left of it....horrible sight...