SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-11-07, 09:52 PM   #1
Brettus

Default Screen recommendations?

I've seen one on busters accessories, a flip up one for a mere £31 + £5 for the blue version.
Firstly does anyone use a flip up?
I don't suppose anyone has seen what kind of blue the busters one is? theres no brand mentioned either which i'm not sure is a good thing

I've also seen fabbri double bubble highly recommended, any idea which would be best?
I don't do loads of motorway and its only 12 miles of rural lanes to work but I'm 6ft so feel quite a bit of the wind. and would like a bit more comfort if possible.

sorry its a bit vague but any thoughts and recommendations?
Thanks
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 03:17 AM   #2
kcowgergmm

Default Re: Screen recommendations?

i have a puig db smoked and i really like it thats my 2 cents worth
Old 05-11-07, 10:02 AM   #3
kwak zzr

fabbri are good screens, i had a pyramid DB on my 1000 and that was a good screen too.
Old 05-11-07, 10:08 AM   #4
rigor

F.Fabbri gets my vote too. The DB was good for me on my A3 commute, really gave some protection (and I'm 6 foot, like you). Worth a go anyway. And flip ups look nasty
Old 05-11-07, 11:08 AM   #5
sv-robo

hi there,just seen your quetion on screen recommendations.I went for an airblade iridium screen on my silver k3 pointy,looks nice and considering i am 6ft1 it serves me well on wind protection,to check it out the link is here ,hope this helps http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=95926
Old 05-11-07, 12:19 PM   #6
Paws

Ffabri double bubble or airblade double bubble
Old 05-11-07, 12:51 PM   #7
Brettus

Hmm ok seems to be pretty conclusive only a double bubble is needed, wasn't sure if it was a little overkill or not, so fabbri or airblade..

Has anyone had any bargain screens at the NEC show? I'm off there and wondering if i'm best waiting or if I'm expecting too much from the show and should go with the best price I find online. obviously the sensible option would be to check prices online, go to the show and if i see nothing better come home and buy one, but wondered if someone could save me the wait or give me some hope heh.

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far, very helpful and informative.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote