SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-02-07, 02:29 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default So annoying

Well the lad had just come home, some woman has glanced off the side of his van and carried on. I dread to think what her damage is, but she has taken out the rear quarter from the wheel arch to the back pillar.

I have just contacted all my parts suppliers and cannot source a repair panel so it looks like I am off to the scrap yards with a full compressor and zip gun in the boot.

At least I can repair it. I would estimate there is a good £400 of damage if it was in the hands of the insurance. But she did not stop.
Old 17-02-07, 02:36 PM   #2
Law

That's pants.

I wonder why she didn't stop?
Old 17-02-07, 02:47 PM   #3
Heed

I could do a women drivers joke here but I won't

There's a good chance she wasn't insured and therefore didn't stop as she'd have been caught.
Old 17-02-07, 03:23 PM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Well the lad, was on his way back from doing a job for my brother. It turns out that the accident happened on the small estate where he was working. So I am tempted to go up there and look for a small white car with no front end.

To cap it all, he had taken his apprentice with him to make the job quicker and give the lad an opportunity to grap some overtime. If he hadn't he wouldn't have finished so early and therefore not met the woman driver.
Old 24-02-07, 01:59 PM   #5
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: So annoying

Just to resurrect an old thread. but just been told by the lads apprentice that young wilky was looking at/setting his satnav at the time of the incident.

This puts a whole new perspective on things. I am fed up of telling him not to use his phone, **** about with the cd/satnav etc when driving.
Old 24-02-07, 02:46 PM   #6
kwak zzr

i had one for christmas they are off putting.
Old 24-02-07, 04:03 PM   #7
Baph

Don't think i saw this thread before.

Only other thing I'd be careful of, given that your son was apparently tinkering with SatNav whilst driving, what's the chances of the other driver reporting the incident, then your son getting the crap about not reporting an accident & not exchanging details etc etc.

In that situation, I'd be dragging him down the police station. A little slap on the wrist from the cops about the satnav should help you out, and it'll help to protect him should the other driver make a complaint. Even if you don't make a complaint about it yourself, it will be noted for any future use