SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-10-07, 04:03 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default ebay or paypals problem?

i won a clock dash cowling on ebay for £19.99 + 7 postage, as soon as the auction ended i payed the seller via paypal, the funds went from my account but the seller said he has'nt recived the funds? so who's at fault? i know i am £26.99 lighter and have no goods to show for it
Old 18-10-07, 04:13 PM   #2
hovis

Default Re: ebay or paypals problem?

not you.......... by the sounds of it.

maybe the seller is trying to pull a fast one?, have you contacted ebay?
Old 18-10-07, 04:14 PM   #3
Ping

Check with Paypal. They control the money transfer.
Old 18-10-07, 04:19 PM   #4
kwak zzr

ive contacted the seller and he has good feedback but he said the transaction isnt compleat? i phoned paypal and they said start a dispute with the seller so i have.
Old 18-10-07, 04:31 PM   #5
maff

just a thought coz it happened to me....

has your bank card expired? if do you have to inform paypal of any changes to number/s on card
Old 18-10-07, 04:35 PM   #6
kwak zzr

no the money has been taken from my bank, it was a part paypal balance and part funded by bank account, this was the first thing i checked so i know ive paid but just cant fathom out who's taking me for a ride.
Old 18-10-07, 04:36 PM   #7
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
I've had a few problems with PayPal. I was trying to pay for something the other day and PayPal kept telling me I'd already paid, when I hadn't!

Another time it just would not let me pay, it kept giving me ridiculous error messages, this carried on for days!

Ho-hum.
if ive sent and the buyer hasn't received then i do believe its a paypal problem, trouble it i have to escalate the dispute before paypal will look into it.
Old 18-10-07, 05:12 PM   #8
hovis

i would try to sort it out with the seller b4 starting a dispute, can u not prove u have paid?
Old 18-10-07, 05:25 PM   #9
ASM-Forever

If the money has left your account, then unless you sent it to the wrong address(Did you?...check), then i am inclined to believe the seller is bent.
Old 18-10-07, 05:43 PM   #10
kwak zzr

i sent payment to the address on the link when it says pay now.