SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-08, 10:03 AM   #1

Default 8 Days behind already..

Well I started my new project with the best intentions, having succesfully released from my last project.. well I thought I was,

I was taken off it for 3 days last week, had an email today telling me I have to be in a meeting for the next 2 days solid, starting from 11.30 today and another email asking me to change a document I didnt compile so its easier to read (duh) which will also 3 days to do. so by 11am today Im 8 working days behind before I even start as the items scheduled for today cannot get put back.

Worse of it all is I keep turning back to my Senior Managers requesting direction when this happens and to make them aware I am being unfairly torn between 2 projects without prior discussion... ignorant shrugs and the comments "oh yeah I can see...that must be a real pain"

I was so hoping phase 2 projects would be different, afterall the whole senior managment has changed, if anything its worse as I feel like Im living the nightmare all over again.

Any way.. should be greatful I have a job and it pays all the bills....

still....grrrrrrr
Old 29-09-08, 10:39 AM   #2
Ed

Default Re: 8 Days behind already..

I'd be tempted to email your manager to point out that you are being put in an impossible position by their failure to manage. Purely so as to cover yourself when inevitably things go wrong.
Old 29-09-08, 02:31 PM   #3

Default Re: 8 Days behind already..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I'd be tempted to email your manager to point out that you are being put in an impossible position by their failure to manage. Purely so as to cover yourself when inevitably things go wrong.

Thanks Ed

Already have done!