SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 05-07-08, 10:14 AM   #1
polishmart

Default Bargain Pointy SV650S for sale - or breaking for spares!

Hi all I'm offering the chance for my SV as a complete unit, or if there's enough interest I'll break it. Either way it needs to go as I've just bought myself a Husqvarna WR250 enduro bike to complement my Street Triple and there just isn't enough space

Here's a "brief" description on the life of the bike (taken from a post I made a couple of weeks ago)

I've had the SV since March 2004 when I bought it with 600 miles on the clock, she was my pride and joy until a group of little pyromaniac sh*ts decided to go on a rampage setting fire to a number of things up my street, including my bike cover (with bike underneath it). Fortunately bike covers are pretty flammable and it didn't do much damage. I replaced the bodywork that was blistered, and we carried on a happy motorcycling life together. About a year later, I was knocked off on the bike whilst on the M25 (some numpty changing lanes whilst not looking). The impact wasn't bad, but as the bike fell on it's side, the frame protector broke off and chipped a bit of the big weld on the frame. The numpty didn't stop, so there was no insurance claim to write the bike off. I carried on riding and after about 500 miles a crack started to propogate in the frame. After it got to about 15mm long I decided to strip the bike and get it repaired.

The frame was welded by one of the development technicians at Triumph(where I work), and I've since done another 5,000 miles on the bike (mileage now stands at about 9,500) and there is no sign of any cracking in the weld so I am 100% content that it is safe. The bike now has 2006 red bodywork on it which was imacculate, but after a fall off it's sidestand now had a cracked rear panel.

The exhaust studs do need drilling out and retapping (due to heavy handed spanner use), my 12V drill can't cope with it. Should be an easy enough job

I also (now) have proper crash bungs fitted (R&G), a tail tidy and a hugger to go with it. I also fitted a new chain and sprocket this year (which has done sod all miles).

I've been entirely honest about the life of the bike, although to look at it, it's still in pretty good condition. Not entirely sure what it's worth, so I'm open to offers. The bike can be sold as is, or with a full MOT (price dependent). Let me know what you think and make me an offer if you're interested....

If it's not sold by next week as a complete unit, I'll break it for spares.
Old 05-07-08, 10:19 AM   #2
polishmart

Default Re: Bargain Pointy SV650S for sale - or breaking for spares!

Pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sv1.JPG (111.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sv2.JPG (29.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg sv3.JPG (112.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-07-08, 06:09 AM   #3
polishmart

Just thought I'd add that it comes with R & G crash bung as well (fitted after my accident!).

Cheers,

Mart
Old 07-07-08, 06:15 AM   #4
ooger

Hey Mart, an unfortunate sequence of events, sorry to hear about it.

If you do break it for parts ever, I'll take the tail tidy please.

Thanks
Old 07-07-08, 08:39 AM   #5
manicmonkey

Hello Mart, you haven't had the best of luck there!

Good luck with the sale, but please bear me in mind for the crash bungs if you do decide to break her!

Regards
Old 07-07-08, 09:28 PM   #6
cbch

Yep not the best of luck there. Would take the gear shift leaver off you and possibly a couple of other bits if you do break her.
Old 08-07-08, 06:59 AM   #7
polishmart

Yeah not the best of luck, but sh*t happens and you can let it get you down or fix her up and get back on!

I find it brings you a lot closer to a bike when it breaks and you repair it. My daytona 675 never had a problem in the 2 years that I owned it, and I never really formed a proper bond with it. Does anyone else ever feel like this, or is it just me?!

On the breaking note, I've already had an offer over my minimum asking price (which was a grand) so it looks like she'll be going whole. Best offer by the end of the week gets it.

Cheers,

Mart
Old 08-07-08, 12:43 PM   #8
gerbrox

I might be interested in the automatic choke assembly.

Never seen the previous post, but if it falls through let me know!!
Old 08-07-08, 12:47 PM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

2nd dibs on crash bungs if you break her

You got a fender extender ??

Like picking at the bones this
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 02:22 PM   #10
nixey

wish i had seen this before i bought a fazer600 (only got it to get me back on the road after some t*sser knocked me off and wrote off my Suzi) That weld repiar looks OK and if the bike was stripped and the frame coated black it would be fine.

It's too good to break mate