SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 12-08-08, 11:06 AM   #1
zunkus

Default 23rd August, Any rides up north?

Hi guys,
as some of you already know I'll be driving up from Manchester to Argll, Scotland on Saturday 23rd August, stopping for breaks at Windermere and Carlisle. I was wondering if any of you guys are planning a ride in the whereabouts in which case I'll be very glad to meet you. I've been an active member of this forum for more than eight years now and although I've never met any of you guys physically I feel that I'm among friends when we exchange information, ideas and opinions on this site.

Well to cut through the chase, if any of you guys plan to be riding nearby and planning to stop somewhere let me know and I'm willing to change my stopping places in case we could meet.

Here's us travellers...

Here's my route map for the time being...
http://www.multimap.com/directions/?...7%2C1000#leg_2

Last edited by zunkus; 21-08-08 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-08-08, 12:36 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: 23rd August, Any rides up north?

Your sense of timing is appalling I'll be down south that weekend so I'll miss you. Like ships passing in the night, except with a train and a car instead of ships.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 01:13 PM   #3
stewie

Shame you couldn have come a bit earlier and joined us on the glencoe massacre.
Old 12-08-08, 02:34 PM   #4
zunkus

I'm very sorry I'll be missing you NorthWind. I was looking forward to meeting you. Oh by the way I've just seen how well you organised the ride, well done mate!

Yes shame about missing the GM Stewie, believe me I tried making it to the event. I've known about it from the start and tried to book a cottage for that week but found non. Tried to hit two birds with one stone I guess, taking the family to Scotland and meeting you guys but didn't manage. Hope the weather would be nice and sunny for you guys.

Last edited by zunkus; 12-08-08 at 02:47 PM.
Old 13-08-08, 09:24 AM   #5
LindaS

Hi
If the weather is half decent, i could meet you at Lake Windermere. I live in Kendal.
Stay in touch.
Linda
Old 13-08-08, 10:50 AM   #6
El Saxo

I'm also down south that weekend otherwise could have met up with you in the Lakes - I'm normally glad of any excuse to ride those roads!

Hope you have a good trip
Old 13-08-08, 11:20 AM   #7
Kilted Ginger

Keep an eye on the ecosse forum, quedos was planning a rid efor the 24th but no definate plans yet, I might be in ireland that weekend but if not i'll be out and about and should be able to tie up with you.
Old 13-08-08, 09:06 PM   #8
zunkus

Ok I'll keep my fingers crossed then.
I'll be spending a week up in Argyll but can't guarantee I'll be "home" at any time as we'll be site seeing and travelling all over Scotland to do stuff. But do let me know if you'd be passing by this place...
http://www.cameronbrae.co.uk/
Old 18-08-08, 08:19 PM   #9
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
Ok I'll keep my fingers crossed then.
I'll be spending a week up in Argyll but can't guarantee I'll be "home" at any time as we'll be site seeing and travelling all over Scotland to do stuff. But do let me know if you'd be passing by this place...
http://www.cameronbrae.co.uk/
Why do you choose such out of the way places?
Old 19-08-08, 07:56 AM   #10
zunkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Why do you choose such out of the way places?
Hey Ed don't forget I'm not from around here so don't know zilch where to go except from hearsay and surfing the net. All I know is that I've got to get from Manchester to the cottage I've rented in Argyll but I can stop for two breaks and I thought It'll be great to see some sights in the Lake district. Suggest otherwise and I'd be greatful.