SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-09-18, 07:27 PM   #3391
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

nice one John

we had all the mains flushed last year and since then the pressure has been a nightmare as it now runs normal then all of a sudden you get a burst of pressure which usually results in me getting soaked... lol

best water pressure i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with is in Lower Largo, when fitting a washing machine you have to install a ballafix and set it to almost fully off. turning a garden hose on results in 20ft fountain.. lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 08:23 PM   #3392
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
nice one John

we had all the mains flushed last year and since then the pressure has been a nightmare as it now runs normal then all of a sudden you get a burst of pressure which usually results in me getting soaked... lol

best water pressure i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with is in Lower Largo, when fitting a washing machine you have to install a ballafix and set it to almost fully off. turning a garden hose on results in 20ft fountain.. lol
You can get pressure reducer valve to reduce incoming pressure and maintain a constant pressure ( mount near to stop tap ), our whole house has hot and cold water ( pressurised hot water tank) at 3 bar ( 45 psi ) which is ideal and means a power shower does not need a pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
The front garden at Tapley Towers is in a bit of a state. The drive needed re-tarmacing so I've taken the opportunity to have the water mains pipe renewed. The old pipe has clearly been getting more and more clogged over the years.
The new pipe was connected today and what a difference to the pressure it has made. Such a small thing but it's brought a huge smile to my face.
Thank goodness houses have been fitted with plastic water pipes from water company stop tap to house for quite a while now, they don't corrode and block up and are flexible enough that they don't crack with soil movement - progress......

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 26-09-18 at 08:27 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 08:26 PM   #3393
Heorot

I had to fit a reducer to our villa in Turkey. The mains pressure was so high that it hurt if you put your hand under the cold tap when it was fully open. The reducer brought the pressure down to a more reasonable level.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 06:09 PM   #3394
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Have to go to Aberystwyth tomorrow to deliver my little portable studio to a friend for repair. Weather forecast gives wall to wall sunshine and 17°C so I think that means I'll be going on the bike then.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 11:08 AM   #3395
Bibio
Mega Poster

its stopped blowing a gale and pizzing down. its lovely out
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 12:17 PM   #3396
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Listening to the rally cars tearing up the forest.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 12:50 PM   #3397
zsv650s

Finally got round to ordering a kriega R30 after my old hein gericke rucksack zip finally snapped after years of faithful service.hoping it's as good as the reviews make it out to be certainly more money than I wanted to spend on a backpack.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 06:23 PM   #3398
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Finally got round to ordering a kriega R30 after my old hein gericke rucksack zip finally snapped after years of faithful service.hoping it's as good as the reviews make it out to be certainly more money than I wanted to spend on a backpack.
I have Krieger us10 and us20 bags that I bought back when they were a little cheaper, almost 10 years ago now, and they're still going strong...they may be over priced but I don't think there's anything as good out there...

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 08:00 PM   #3399
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Had a day out to the coast as Lady Poppy was off seeing her dad and I could trundle around at my own pace. Took the train unfortunately as the weather forecast was carp and sure enough I got soaked after 14:30 but I had a cracking walk along the Essex coast from Southend to Shoeburyness and found quite a lot of geocaches along the way. Feel shattered now and you don't realise how sh1te the old/noisy rolling stock is on your home line until you spend the day on a more modern line but it was a nice day out.
Old 10-10-18, 06:49 AM   #3400
Bri w

Sat in shorts and t-shirt, cup of coffee in hand, watching the sun rise over the sea. A few clouds about, and a breeze blowing up the valley. Don't you just love life!

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote