SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-09, 10:35 AM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Everybody lets be a bit honest

I have been flamed and agreed with over my recent comments over a different generations behavior on here,mostly people who are just starting on the journey of life and finding their feet-----we have all stumbled at some time.
But this is not just the SV650org its the internet open to billions of people and things posted can be read by anybody and possibly related back to partners ,friends or family. Not necessarily a nice way for the second party to find out about their private life being discussed by people they don't know. It is not just the person making the post you should consider.
I appreciate that times change and todays generation may want to be more open,alas it is not just todays generation that reads the internet therefore if you post a private and personal subject and get a bit of criticism for your actions surely this has got to be expected if you chose to bare your soul
I don't condone how the younger generation think or act just that being years older than them I also consider how the topic will be addressed and received by others.
I hope this makes my actions a little clearer.
Old 27-10-09, 10:39 AM   #2
Owenski

Default Re: Everybody lets be a bit honest

Isnt that the whole reason we post under the anonimity of a forum name?
Old 27-10-09, 10:42 AM   #3
plowsie

I'm known by my forum name in real life though Matt.

I do get where DT is coming from, I just think that it is todays younger generations way of dealing with stuff. Let's face it, we've been bought up with computers TBH.
Old 27-10-09, 10:43 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

I havn;t read anything with respect to flaming and yourself there DT, but sometimes I feel opinons arn't best considered. By all means, argue against someone, but do it in an intelligent maner with facts and figures. Dont just tell someone they are a muppet or whatever.

People do have to remember that when they post, their opinons may not be accepted by all.
Old 27-10-09, 10:45 AM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

In the grand scheme of things I look at it this way

1. Does it effect me ?
2. Does it really matter ?

If out of my life, I can pass on a tiny little bit of comfort or support to somebody else, well maybe that helps them a little on their journey maybe thats a good thing.

We live in a sick messed up, screwed up world full of people who cheat and lie and do their best to destroy each other. People who watch The X factor and think its the biggest thing in their lives that Little Johnny got voted off this week.

Perhaps it takes a bigger person that you I or anybody to say "Hey I'm hurting here" out in pubilc. A problem shared is a problem halved and all that.

Critiscm yes possibly I'd expect it, but to get a kicking when your already down on the floor as broken as you can be. Well personally I think thats a little harsh.

At the end of the day its just a forum. Post what you like, read what you like, if it doesnt break the rules, I honestly dont see what the problem is... You can always choose to ignore it, or to switch it off...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 27-10-09 at 10:46 AM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-09, 10:48 AM   #6
Alpinestarhero

For some things, when you feel rubbish, and you know there are nice people here, posting a problem up is a good thing. There have been times when I have wanted to, but I didn't wanna look like some kind of attention seeker (so I let it fester for a few days and then maria guesses something isnt right and i get it sorted out....sorry maria )

But I'd like to think that I have made enough friends or aquantinces on here, so that if I did reach the deep dark depths of a hopeless depresion...I could tell you all and maybe that'd remind me there's a way out of any mess
Old 27-10-09, 10:50 AM   #7
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
In the grand scheme of things I look at it this way

1. Does it effect me ?
2. Does it really matter ?

If out of my life, I can pass on a tiny little bit of comfort or support to somebody else, well maybe that helps them a little on their journey maybe thats a good thing.

We live in a sick messed up, screwed up world full of people who cheat and lie and do their best to destroy each other. People who watch The X factor and think its the biggest thing in their lives that Little Johnny got voted off this week.

Perhaps it takes a bigger person that you I or anybody to say "Hey I'm hurting here" out in pubilc. A problem shared is a problem halved and all that.

Critiscm yes possibly I'd expect it, but to get a kicking when your already down on the floor as broken as you can be. Well personally I think thats a little harsh.

At the end of the day its just a forum. Post what you like, read what you like, if it doesnt break the rules, I honestly dont see what the problem is... You can always choose to ignore it, or to switch it off...
Well said fizz i totaly agree with all you just said.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2

Last edited by hindle8907; 27-10-09 at 11:04 AM.
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-09, 10:58 AM   #8
Owenski

Every time I come on here Fizz you seem to get a little more Yoda.
You say it all and you say it well.
Old 27-10-09, 11:05 AM   #9
Dicky Ticker

Fizz and Hindle, Yes but in every situation you are only hearing one side of the story and not the full circumstances Please try and understand where I am coming from.
It just seems unfair that the other party can't give their version or reasons for their actions. You are trying to make a constructive opinion and give advice with half a story which isn't always correct.There is always two sides to a story and then the truth
By all means pour as much sympathy as you want but sympathy does not sort the problem or give an answer.
Old 27-10-09, 11:07 AM   #10
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Fizz and Hindle, Yes but in every situation you are only hearing one side of the story and not the full circumstances Please try and understand where I am coming from.
It just seems unfair that the other party can't give their version or reasons for their actions. You are trying to make a constructive opinion and give advice with half a story which isn't always correct.There is always two sides to a story and then the truth
By all means pour as much sympathy as you want but sympathy does not sort the problem or give an answer.
+1
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote