SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 20-12-20, 01:11 PM   #7491
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Always worth a look. How is everyone holding up? I've been busy at work so not really stopped into the thread for a while. I've got some duplicates and bits listed as they are running the £1 selling fee until tomorrow.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 09:00 PM   #7492
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I took one (1) picture today with my Super Fujica, still got half a roll left. Finished the one in the Olympus Auto S, am maybe less of a fan of it now. It' works fine but the meter does my head in, it sometimes shoots off to one end, and I can't figure out what's the cause - it seems to do it at /1500 but then it'll randomly do it at some other speed, and totally different apertures. I think it's to do with the followers on the carbon tracks on the shutter rings, but it doesn't make sense with the positions. Also the cell is prone to overhead or back light. Let's see how the pictures turn out. They're quite rare but I don't know how much it's worth.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-20, 09:11 PM   #7493
Kenzie

Wouldn't know unfortunately, I've not seen one listed. Collectiblend usually has a good guide. I've listed a Minolta X700 body, a Zorki 5, an Olympus OM10 Quartz, a Photosniper case and the spare stock. The OM got a bid in the first twenty minutes and the photosniper gear has bids.
Old 21-12-20, 06:39 PM   #7494
Kenzie

I was just browsing the West Yorkshire cameras site (a dangerous thing to do) and idly looked in the Leica section. They had an Ugly rated 1934 Leica iii for £115, no pics. Fault was listed as capping at 1/500 but otherwise OK. So I took a punt.

Old 21-12-20, 10:01 PM   #7495
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Leica! You're a posh tart now, you'll be going on about how Zeiss glass just doesn't have the same feel and God knows what else. Only kidding, why not, i don't know much about fixing curtain shutters but it can't be impossible, you need to be able to time the transit though. You've got a decent collection so it's a fitting Christmas present.
Old 21-12-20, 10:04 PM   #7496
Kenzie

Going up in the world! Were do I pick up my snob card? I'm going to defile it by fitting an Industar 22. Today was the cut off for pre chrimbo delivery so I'll have to wait for it.

Last edited by Kenzie; 22-12-20 at 10:09 PM.
Old 22-12-20, 09:21 PM   #7497
yokohama

A Leica. Why not? It's been a rotten year so no reason not to treat yourself at Christmas.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-20, 09:36 PM   #7498
Kenzie

Very true, its supposed to be top of the tree for collectors. I hate to think how much a service would be! As you can imagine I don't view the WYC website too often! And now to top off a crappy year we are being put in tier 4 straight from tier 2.

Last edited by Kenzie; 23-12-20 at 04:46 PM.
Old 24-12-20, 09:13 AM   #7499
Kenzie

My K2 arrived today. The meter works, auto works but there is a dent on the top plate and the match needle is out of sync. Display says 1/1000 but the dial is set to 1/250.

Old 24-12-20, 10:13 AM   #7500
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Black one, nice, I saw the facebook post as well. I read about a similar problem somewhere, I don't know if you've googled it yet. If you open it up then be really careful with the electronics, they are said to be very sensitive. I don't normally bother with things like an ESD strap but it would be worth it I think.