SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 28-08-10, 10:03 AM   #61
rossinio

Default Re: My first trackday friday 27th august

Interesting, I wonder if they usually only have 2 groups or if it was because too many people were going away for bank holiday instead of going to the track.

Good to see that you don't have to worry about being good enough, think it's the main thing that causes nerves! What company was it with?
Old 28-08-10, 10:11 AM   #62
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossinio View Post
Interesting, I wonder if they usually only have 2 groups or if it was because too many people were going away for bank holiday instead of going to the track.

Good to see that you don't have to worry about being good enough, think it's the main thing that causes nerves! What company was it with?
This one was with hottrax, there wasnt enough peeps for the other groups hence they knocked it down to 2.

The weather had been iffy as well so some probably thought it was gonna be crap.
There was a off in every single session on the day, with, what looked like a serious one in the advanced final session, judging by how long the 2 ambulances were on track for.
If i had rode every available minute of my track time, we would have had 210 mins on track, not bad for £95.
Old 09-09-10, 08:35 AM   #63
harry_hyde

I wish I'd read this thread before I'd have said hello.

I was at the track day on my SV, it was the track one with the orange fairing and silver belly pan. Hopefully it wasn't me getting in your way......

Was the first time I'd ridden it and a test session before my first minitwin race in September.

Had a great day there, the bike went well although pulled out of one session with a misfire but that was low fuel we think. Only other issue was going straight on at Gerrards towards the end of the day. Stayed up on 2 wheels though so all good.

It would have been intersting to have the 3 groups as I plumped for the novice group but couldn't work out who was in teh group in the end. All I know is I was overtaking more people in the afternoon than were overtaking me so I'm happy with that.

I'll keep an eye on here and maybe see you all out again in the future.

Cheers.

Jody.