Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 25-08-10, 07:51 PM   #11
Specialone

Default Re: My first trackday friday 27th august

Try them at low speed first rob, thats my tip for the night
Old 25-08-10, 08:54 PM   #12
robh539

lmao, sorted, 15 miles done on them, few hard stops. ready to go mate. need to check the bike fro normaly stuff toworrow, worth a check over yours too before friday.
Old 25-08-10, 09:01 PM   #13
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh539 View Post
lmao, sorted, 15 miles done on them, few hard stops. ready to go mate. need to check the bike fro normaly stuff toworrow, worth a check over yours too before friday.
Will do, im gonna take my top box to carry a few essentials, we should be able to find a place to leave that shouldnt we?
Old 25-08-10, 09:04 PM   #14
robh539

yeah im taking a racksack, valuables im leaving undermy seat, or in your topbox lol. no jackets this time.

you got all the paperwork from the website?
Old 25-08-10, 09:05 PM   #15
Specialone

Quote:
yeah im taking a racksack, valuables im leaving undermy seat, or in your topbox lol. no jackets this time.

you got all the paperwork from the website?
No, do it tomorrow, you filling it all in beforehand?
Teah, put all your stuff in my topbox, im not taking much so plenty of room.
Old 25-08-10, 09:09 PM   #16
robh539

yeah done mine at work today. but forgot to bring it home ar$e. i will come up to you on friday morning will sort out a time 2moz. You looking forward to it?
Old 25-08-10, 09:13 PM   #17
Specialone

Quote:
yeah done mine at work today. but forgot to bring it home ar$e. i will come up to you on friday morning will sort out a time 2moz. You looking forward to it?
Yeah man, just crossing fingers for weather, i think i might mount my bike camera to share my experience
Old 25-08-10, 09:19 PM   #18
Lozzo

My tip - don't even think about turning up in textile gear - you'd be surprised at how many do when it might rain. Leathers only so take an oversuit.

Other than that, don't try riding outside your comfort zone. It's very easy to be sucked in to following someone with more ability than yourself and finding yourself suddenly approaching a corner at a speed that is way past what you can cope with (been there done that). Learn the track in the first session, and then try to ride it smoothly for the next couple. After lunch you can start getting faster once you're comfortable with how smooth you are.
Old 25-08-10, 09:29 PM   #19
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
My tip - don't even think about turning up in textile gear - you'd be surprised at how many do when it might rain. Leathers only so take an oversuit.

Other than that, don't try riding outside your comfort zone. It's very easy to be sucked in to following someone with more ability than yourself and finding yourself suddenly approaching a corner at a speed that is way past what you can cope with (been there done that). Learn the track in the first session, and then try to ride it smoothly for the next couple. After lunch you can start getting faster once you're comfortable with how smooth you are.
Thats exactly my plan, i dont try and keepup on rideouts so hopefully wont on track either, its purely a learning exercise for me.
Old 25-08-10, 09:29 PM   #20
robh539

yeah do it phil shame ive not got one to ride behind you. NExt TD i will have. By the look of the map we are using the chicane 3/4 way around gerrards, so thats a new one for me.

weather will be fine. even if its wet its still reat fun. Better for learning control and good for the confidence. i will sit at the back again for the 1st few sessons. wil be in track set up so need to get used to it.