SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-09-15, 08:50 AM   #1
sandman

Default BLD Birmingham

Hi
Anyone had any experience of a company called BLD group

They have my bike from an accident back in June

I have been phoning them every week for a month and get varied reports of its status each week.

Last week i thought i was making progress that it would be on a ramp on Tuesday and then with all being well back to me for next week

Now i am being told my front mud guard need to be painted (strange how it is carbon fibre) then when i challenged it was the front wheel needs to be dealt with (apparently a scuff on it)

How have other people found them if they have used them in the past
Am i just having a bad experience

sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 11:13 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: BLD Birmingham

Most accident repair company's come out with all the delay b****x, they probably have higher priority work to do so yours get left.
Old 03-09-15, 01:21 PM   #3
yamrdtez

if you would like me to go and check status of your bike I would be able to go next week. I live in Brum north so no probs. pm details if you want me to go and check on bike. Tez
Old 03-09-15, 03:52 PM   #4
sandman

Might take you up on that
I have had a venting session at the accident management company (poor guy didn't know what hit him)

I will be in touch tomorrow
Old 03-09-15, 04:44 PM   #5
Nutsinatin

I had a bike accident 10/12/2014, went through BLD and they were and still are utter rubbish. Pretty much the same experience you describe. Call them weekly for an update and nothing's happened since the last week and no one seems to know what's going on.
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 07:46 PM   #6
Juju

I can only presume you were not at fault, and that you are probably on a hire bike at at least £80 per day, and probably more. You might not realise you're paying, you're probably on a "credit hire" bike, ie they just told you the the costs would be "claimed from the other side" when you signed the paperwork.

Guess why your repairs are being dealt with so slowly.

And when the insurers on the other side refuse to pay, guess who has to go to court to give evidence on need, and whether you had any alternative courses open to you to mitigate the loss.

Most claims go to court these days on the "cost" of the claim, rather than liabilty disputes, largely due to AMC's trying to stuff as much cash into their pockets as possible. Starts with storage/recovery at high rates, despite you having a perfectly good driveway to keep it on, and "pet" engineers ensuring bikes are written off (as it makes the hire longer) by over estimating the repair costs. And if there's a huge hire invoice at the end of the claim, typically often £8k or more for a motorbike, on top of the injury, solicitors fees, private treatment fees (at double the market rates) as well as the cost of the bike, well, it may be worth the other sides insurer running a liability dispute when it wasn't economic to do so at far lower claim costs.
Old 04-09-15, 06:22 AM   #7
sandman

I did not get a hire bike as i have a car (no big deal i thought back then i will have it back soon )

I can see why they are dragging it out from there side to make more money.
If i treated my customers this way i would be out of a job.

I am raising a complaint today with my insurers who will have to re open the claim as they have closed it. I pay them the money and they have done naff all

I am on a credit repair but the longer this goes on the worse the situation will get I am sure

I pay for Comprehensive insurance and i feel like i have only got 3rd party. I would quite happy quit biking over this and flog the bike for now just to get it all resolved!
Old 10-09-15, 10:12 AM   #8
sandman

Now this has pushed me over the edge i think

Danny Dartnaill and Simon Girling of BDO LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of Bikers Legal Defence Limited (‘the Company’) on 9 September 2015.

Just been contacted by the accident management company and they are trying to get me answers but i think nothing has been done and i have been led down a merry path!

Laughing out loud because inside i am properly losing it !
Old 10-09-15, 08:42 PM   #9
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Well get a solicitor involved or speak to the administrator asap

sent with all the fury of a clogged drain!!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 06:03 AM   #10
sandman

Bike is safe from the administrators and the accident management company are moving it to another repair centre (although i have no idea what state the bike is in)

The issue is now that if any parts have not been fitted to the bike then they are the property of the administrators
So effectively i am no further forward than when i was knocked off 3 months ago