SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 13-02-11, 12:10 PM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Highland Fling 2011

Details in rideouts section but it is open to all
I will add to this that I don't like riding in big groups so I tend to do me own thing during the day, riding with with one or two is OK for me but not as a group.Meeting up at night for meal and a bevvy is the social side knowing that you will not be on your own.
You will be responsible for making your own accommodation bookings and although the basic cost is about £400 for accommodation and fuel you will still have your meal and beer tokens to fork out for
I personally tend to eat in pubs at night with a £10 max and allow for £5 breakfast so meals are approx £15 per day------beer tokens vary
Propose dates Frid20/5/11 till Sat 28/5/11

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 13-02-11 at 01:46 PM.
Old 13-02-11, 04:33 PM   #2
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Re: Highland Fling 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Details in rideouts section but it is open to all
I will add to this that I don't like riding in big groups so I tend to do me own thing during the day, riding with with one or two is OK for me but not as a group.Meeting up at night for meal and a bevvy is the social side knowing that you will not be on your own.
You will be responsible for making your own accommodation bookings and although the basic cost is about £400 for accommodation and fuel you will still have your meal and beer tokens to fork out for
I personally tend to eat in pubs at night with a £10 max and allow for £5 breakfast so meals are approx £15 per day------beer tokens vary
Propose dates Frid20/5/11 till Sat 28/5/11
Really?

Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-11, 05:20 PM   #3
Dicky Ticker

I have tried to make it clear I just want to enjoy my holiday without having the responsibility of caring for other peoples welfare.Should anybody tag along I hope this is understood.
Old 14-02-11, 08:42 AM   #4
hongman

I wont be able to make it, but hope you enjoy
Old 14-02-11, 10:48 AM   #5
Caddy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
I have tried to make it clear I just want to enjoy my holiday without having the responsibility of caring for other peoples welfare.Should anybody tag along I hope this is understood.
Knowing your luck Mac it's usually you that needs the care...
Old 14-02-11, 03:17 PM   #6
Dicky Ticker

As is maybe --I don't want anybody to feel beholden or responsible for me---genuine man mind thyself[or woman as the case maybe] within reason.I just want people to be responsible for themselves and their own actions/or lack off.
i.e. Filling with fuel---making bookings---breakdown cover---ensuring their bike and they are up to the trip---being able to find their way to the next rendezvous point-
--having some sort of back-up for emergencies such as a duff tyre or a bike repair.

Sounds silly but I have felt a need for responsibility in the past,always looking over my shoulder to see that everybody is OK sort of thing and this year I want the freedom to enjoy my trip without other peoples problems.Perhaps I am being a bit self centred but that is how I feel at the moment.
To many other things going on around me which although they should not be my responsibility have ended up as such.

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 14-02-11 at 03:37 PM.
Old 16-02-11, 10:50 AM   #7
gecco

Alright, I will tag along if my company is accepted.
Don't expect me to stop this year and pick up bits from your british pile of poo bike resulting in me using so much fuel
Old 17-02-11, 07:47 AM   #8
Foey

Right, i have now made my choice of steed & placed my order, this will be a most excellent adventure.
Old 17-02-11, 01:26 PM   #9
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Can I come?
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-11, 03:27 PM   #10
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecco View Post
Alright, I will tag along if my company is accepted.
MMMM does that mean i need to clear the garage and get the tools out in anticipation of your arrival this year again