SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-02-07, 07:30 PM   #1
600+

Default Going to Cornwall trip - any suggestions?

hey people

going to washaway in bodmin - cornwall

can you suggest of places worth visiting and lets not forget the most important bit which is FOOD

the trip is in easter bank holiday weekend

cheers
Old 11-02-07, 07:37 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

You have to go here!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-07, 08:02 PM   #3
Demonz

If you get a chance follow the A39 along the coast up through to Porlock in Devon - its a nice road and my favourite when I did a weekend trip last summer. I didnt do this road but apparantly the B3306 from St Just to St Ives is supposed to be good. Also ask in the SW corner here as they surely have some more hidden routes...
Old 11-02-07, 08:18 PM   #4
Stingo

How about here....

http://www.fifteencornwall.co.uk/?
Old 11-02-07, 10:56 PM   #5
Ed

Falmouth is a lovely town. There are lots of really good places to eat there, along Church Street/Arwenack Street, hard to single out any place in particular. The views over the harbour - which is the 3rd largest natural harbour in the world - are simply stunning.

The road through the Roseland Peninsula down to St Mawes would be terrific on a bike. Yummy crab sandwiches at The Rising Sun pub - right on the quay. If it's a sunny day, it's a perfect afternoon to sit outside with a beer and watch the world go by.
Old 12-02-07, 09:08 AM   #6
600+

Cheers guys

I'm not going on the bike

will be in the car with missus and dog.

Keep the suggestions coming
Old 12-02-07, 10:00 AM   #7
Viney
Mega Poster

Iw as going to say, that if you ride really fast, you can get from Croydon to Woolacombe in 2 and a half hours
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 10:08 AM   #8
Stormspiel

If your dog is good around bikes then you could do the camel trail from Bodmin to Wadebridge / Padstow and back. Can even hire bikes and ride it yourself.

If you fancy a deep sea fishing trip then Try and get on the Blue fox out of Padstow..the skippers a really nice, genuine bloke and will take you to the fish ( we went 18 mile out last time ) and not just park you over a random wreck for 8 hours while you catch plug fish.

If you don't mind about £120 for a meal then i suggest Rick Steins in Padstow...Bloody gorgeous but pricey.

If the missus fancies a shopping trip then Trago Mills ( nr liskeard) has everything from bog rolls to 3 piece suites. Bit of a trek from Bodmin but it's easy enough.

Looe and polperro are nice villages / towns to have a lazy wander around with plenty of coffee shops and bars serving meals.

I'd also say have a wander around Tintagel castle and Boscastle as your pretty near there and they could do with the tourism after the floods in 05 (?). everythings coming back together now though.

I've been going to Padstow for the last 12 years and it's brilliant.... If your brave ( or brainless like me ) then get yourslef a wetsuit and have a go at tombstoning....Plenty of places near Bodmin (Highly recommend Harlyn ) where theres 60 ft shear drops into a good 15-20ft of water. Or for the less brave souls a few 20 ft into shallower 10-15ft water.
Old 12-02-07, 01:38 PM   #9
Mogs

This place is quite nice.

http://www.thecornishcyderfarm.co.uk/
Old 12-02-07, 02:01 PM   #10
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs
This place is quite nice.

http://www.thecornishcyderfarm.co.uk/

Friendly farm animals.....