SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 16-01-07, 03:39 PM   #1
SV650S_DUB

Default Flip front helmets - Shoei Multitech/Schuberth Concept

Afternoon all,

has anyone here tried the Shoei Multietch flip front helmet? I just wondered what the general view on the safety/integrity of flip front lids is. Hopefully a Shoei model would be well made/safe.
Schuberth's Concept (C1/C2) series also looks like a decent quality choice.

Multitech link: http://www.shoei-europe.com/en/swf_p...ategory=flipup
C2 link: http://schuberth.klaxmedia.de/de/c2.html

Maybe we've some flip front wearers on here that could give a view on whether they view these, seemingly pratical, openable lids as being a good buy. Any tips on a stockist with good deals would be grand aswel! Ta.

(EDIT - links added now!)
Old 17-01-07, 08:13 AM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quick tip mate

Supply links to the items you wish to be discussed - I would click a link and reply, but if I have to google it, well that depends on if I have time...... which I dont at the moment (cos web searches ALWAYS take longer than you think)

So provide a link, and a guy looking to replace a Caberg Trip flip up lid will have a look and share his knowledge
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-07, 09:50 AM   #3
Mr Toad

The Schuberth Concept is an excellent lid, I've had one for nearly 5 years
It's slightly bigger & heavier than a normal lid, but then that is to be expected with the flip up front.
Very comfortable and easy to keep mist free. The flip down sunvisor is an added plus point - none of this swapping visors when it gets dark malarky
I wear specs and it was the ideal choice for me - can be put on/taken off without removing the specs

I've now got a Schuberth S1 - no flip front, but still has the sun visor. Looks a lot more bling, shame the front doesn't flip up

I tried other makes like the Caberg, but it felt cheap and nasty compared to the Schuberth

If you have a look around you can get some good deals on them - I got min from HelmetCity on eBay - he's based near Westerham in Kent, so if you are able to get there, you can try on a variety of lids until you find one that fits, and know that you're getting a good deal on the price

cheers
Old 19-01-07, 12:12 AM   #4
ejohnh

Default Re: Flip front helmets - Shoei Multitech/Schuberth Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650S_DUB
Afternoon all,

has anyone here tried the Shoei Multietch flip front helmet? I just wondered what the general view on the safety/integrity of flip front lids is. Hopefully a Shoei model would be well made/safe.
Schuberth's Concept (C1/C2) series also looks like a decent quality choice.

Multitech link: http://www.shoei-europe.com/en/swf_p...ategory=flipup
C2 link: http://schuberth.klaxmedia.de/de/c2.html

Maybe we've some flip front wearers on here that could give a view on whether they view these, seemingly pratical, openable lids as being a good buy. Any tips on a stockist with good deals would be grand aswel! Ta.

(EDIT - links added now!)
I got a HJC flip front from Busters, cost a oner. I like it. Had nothing to compare it with but it seems solid to me. In fact I am well pleased with it. Just wanna know if a foggy will fit it..
John
Old 19-01-07, 05:49 PM   #5
Essex of Essex

I have the older Shoei the synchrotec it's a good helmet, great for me as a spectacles wearer, pinlock visors are available, the down side is the weight 1.5 kilos which starts to feel heavy after a few hundred miles. The multitech is supposed to be an improvment on the synchrotec and will most likely be my next lid.

I think Feridax (Feridex?) are the UK importers they may have distributors in your neck of the woods.
Essex of Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-07, 07:08 PM   #6
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh

I got a HJC flip front from Busters, cost a boner. I like it.

Why, thank you for sharing that with us!!!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-07, 09:55 PM   #7
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh

I got a HJC flip front from Busters, cost a boner. I like it.

Why, thank you for sharing that with us!!!
Why? Are you not able to have one of your very own? Is falsifying a quote legal on here?