SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-03-06, 04:11 PM   #1
Kylie

Default VW/Audi/Seat 1.8T web forum

Hoping that some folks here have a fairly fast car aswell as their SV.....

I've a Golf GTI 1.8T and a while back I found some useful web forums about the 1.8T engine which is found in loads of VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars, but I can't seem to find them any more. Anybody know of a good one?

Or better still anybody had to change the air flow meter on theirs. My garage wants 180 quid for the job, looks like an easy job to me (2 pipes and a electrical connection) but never done DIY on a fly-by-wire car with an ECU bigger than my brain....
Old 28-03-06, 04:16 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

www.uk-mkivs.net
www.uk-mkvs.net

If they are talking about the MAP sensor i think the general thing was to get one from Merc as they were cheeper and better. That was on the PD engine and not sure if the same applys to the normal engines though.

Now i am not sure 100% about the above as its been a while since i was on the Vdub forums.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 04:32 PM   #3
Kylie

Thats just what I was looking for, thanks. Yep its the MAF that the dealer says is bust, but according to these folks I can try cleaning it first, which is even better news:
http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/170890/ShowPost.aspx
Old 28-03-06, 07:05 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Changing a flow meter is a piece of **** on any car.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 01:52 PM   #5
quikstu

Plenty of VW nuts on my 2nd favourite site.

http://www.the-corrado.net

HTH

Old 29-03-06, 01:56 PM   #6
Daimo

Ahhh, MkIV already posted.... Try this one too, but i THINK its more for Mk1+2+3 golfs...

http://www.edition38.com/board