SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 18-07-10, 08:15 AM   #61
-Ralph-

Default Re: newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
When all is said and done the only person you MUST stay in front of is me.

But only 'cos I'm the T.E.C
Get used to the sight of the rear of my XT600

I have it geared for off road, so top cruising speed is about 70mph. On straighter faster sections, I'm pretty sure I'll end up at or near the back.

With so many bikes I can't imagine it's going to be a fast rideout, so I'm bringing the sit up and beg, see over the hedges machine, with the comfortable seat.
Old 18-07-10, 11:01 AM   #62
hongman

This will easily be the most amount of miles I hhave done in a short space of time in both car or bike, and having been riding only a couple weeks (less depending on when I get my bike back on the road), I am hoping to learn a lot about my riding/bike!
Old 18-07-10, 06:00 PM   #63
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

[QUOTE=Bellerophon;2321963]on a more serious note...

if anyone is worried that their riding isn't "up to scratch" I would just say not to worry. As has been said before, your riding isn't up to scrutiny (unless you ride like a **** and cause an accident). When all is said and done the only person you MUST stay in front of is me.

But only 'cos I'm the T.E.C.[QUOTE]

+1 again as can't stress this enough. Everyone should ride at their OWN pace, no need to play catch up or try and stay with the person in front of you. Ride for yourself and use your mirrors so that you are always aware of markers or faster riders passing you. It's a ride for everyone, so the aim is that you all enjoy it. If that means you are at the back all the way (in front of our wonderful T.E.C. of course) riding slower than everyone else, no-one will care. We just want to see smiles on faces at all the stops, that's what's important

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Get used to the sight of the rear of my XT600

I have it geared for off road, so top cruising speed is about 70mph. On straighter faster sections, I'm pretty sure I'll end up at or near the back.

With so many bikes I can't imagine it's going to be a fast rideout, so I'm bringing the sit up and beg, see over the hedges machine, with the comfortable seat.
There are faster sections, but no really straight sections...it's in Wales...lol. You'll have fun on that I bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
This will easily be the most amount of miles I hhave done in a short space of time in both car or bike, and having been riding only a couple weeks (less depending on when I get my bike back on the road), I am hoping to learn a lot about my riding/bike!

Well, you've had your off now, so you've got that out of the way....you can just relax a bit and try and enjoy the ride, both on the Saturday and the journey there and home. I would imagine that just the ride up on the Friday with people like Messie and the Soho lot will see you gel with the bike more than you have yet, just due to being on it for a really long run, so you'll feel better about it before the rideout leaves and yes...you'll learn lots. I'm still new, 3000 miles and learn so many new things on each ride, but I did the reccie yesterday and so long as you keep your eyes open and stay focused, there's nothing that will scare you

They are all good roads with fantastic tarmac and I can guarantee that you'll love them.
Old 18-07-10, 08:06 PM   #64
hongman

I can picture me leaving a wake of 200 bikes behind me in a massive pileup LOL

Nah, I know it will be fun

Going to try and get someone in the know to look over my bike though when Im back up and running on it to double check everything is sound for all those miles, esp after the crash.
Old 18-07-10, 09:01 PM   #65
kwak zzr

Am i classed as an AR newbie? i might just attend but in the car (posh camper you see) sounds like it's going to be a good pi$$ up weekend just for Hovis
Old 18-07-10, 09:06 PM   #66
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
Am i classed as an AR newbie? i might just attend but in the car (posh camper you see) sounds like it's going to be a good pi$$ up weekend just for Hovis
Yep, it's going to be a good pi$$ up weekend, but it's not for Hovis.

It was Hovis' AR, his event, we organised it together with a few helpers but it wouldn't be happening if not for him. He never planned it as his weekend, so it still won't be. It's going to be just as he wanted it.

I know you weren't getting at anything

I just want it to be clear, especially to newbies to the forum that the AR is not going to be a weekend dedicated to one of our fallen friends. We have lost a few members of the forum in recent years and it's always noce to do something, but it's best to let people do that and pay respects in their own ways.

The AR will just be a bl00dy good weekend of riding, drinking, chatting, laughing and...did I mention drinking....lol. Just as Hovis would have wanted it!
Old 18-07-10, 09:09 PM   #67
kwak zzr

i wasnt going to come but i think its my duty sounds like a cracking weekend, its been quite a while since ive seen faces of the org.
Old 18-07-10, 09:18 PM   #68
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
i wasnt going to come but i think its my duty sounds like a cracking weekend, its been quite a while since ive seen faces of the org.
Do it....and you're even more welcome now I too have a kwak...lol
Old 18-07-10, 09:22 PM   #69
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
As long as you don't bring that bloody generator
Old 18-07-10, 09:25 PM   #70
kwak zzr

Hey paul! wats wrong with the jenny? it runs all the electrical goodies