SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-14, 03:21 PM   #111
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ar 2015

If the roads weren't so crap around my way I would be up for trying to organise something with some help, unfortunately I know all too well that the Roads in Scotland, Wales, Lakes, Peaks, Essex, South West etc etc etc are sooooo much better.

Any good roads in the EAR are to the west of the area atleast 3 hours round trip from my home....and that just sucks for me trying to plan anything, both in terms of knowing the area and doing reckie rides.

So, based on my situation all I can really do is show my preference for locations that are better suited for an AR even if they will mean I'll be travelling all day to get to them....

I'll vote for Scotland, Wales, Peaks, Lakes, Dales...hell, I'd even be up for going to Bellingham again for a second time in as many years! Can we not just repeat AR14 for AR15 but this time more people make the effort to get there

If in any way it's practical for me to help I will

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 29-09-14 at 03:25 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-14, 03:25 PM   #112
Bibio
Mega Poster

then its up to each region to keep things up dated and thats why i said a regional event for the people of that region to have a get together each year and possibly hold the AR but i suppose thats to much to ask of the org.

shizz happens.... so what would you have done if you had a venue for people eating at an AR and the owners done the same?

you cant plan for every problem that might occur.

my view is, here is the venue.. turn up or dont turn up its up to the individual. the AR is not a popularity contest or even about how many people turn up its about the people who do turn up hopefully having a good time.

people keep going on about i dont have the time etc.etc, well if i can help organise an AR while looking after my wife 24/7 then i dont see how others cant.

past event organisers have made it sound difficult when in reality is easy and the only difficult part is finding a venue once you have that then the rest is a piece of pizz or you can make it difficult with organising extras such as BBQ's.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-14, 03:30 PM   #113
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
If the roads weren't so crap around my way I would be up for trying to organise something with some help, unfortunately I know all too well that the Roads in Scotland, Wales, Lakes, Peaks, Essex, South West etc etc etc are sooooo much better.

Any good roads in the EAR are to the west of the area atleast 3 hours round trip from my home....and that just sucks for me trying to plan anything, both in terms of knowing the area and doing reckie rides.

So, based on my situation all I can really do is show my preference for locations that are better suited for an AR even if they will mean I'll be travelling all day to get to them....

I'll vote for Scotland, Wales, Peaks, Lakes, Dales...hell, I'd even be up for going to Bellingham again for a second time in as many years! Can we not just repeat AR14 for AR15 but this time more people make the effort to get there

If in any way it's practical for me to help I will
what.. you live right next to the broads. TBH its not really about the rideout its more about getting pizzed its just that the rideout is the excuse
Old 29-09-14, 03:34 PM   #114
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
what.. you live right next to the broads. TBH its not really about the rideout its more about getting pizzed its just that the rideout is the excuse
lol, we could hire broads cruisers and get wet

You say that but the ride out is a big part for me, lots of good memories from last years adventure through some cracking roads, especially on the Sunday

I'll give it some thought in all seriousness though, there are good stretches of road here and there, just not great like Scotland....

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-14, 03:50 PM   #115
Bibio
Mega Poster

there is nothing like Scotland and thats the point, each region has its own charisma which for me is part of the lure to whether i want to go or not.
Old 29-09-14, 04:32 PM   #116
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Look on the plus side. No hill starts in the Fens
Old 29-09-14, 04:52 PM   #117
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

I just love a positive mental attitude. Well said
Old 29-09-14, 04:56 PM   #118
Bibio
Mega Poster

i think i have just sussed out why southern bikers dont venture north. they prefer to go to biker hot spots which are usually a cafe where they can chat to other bikers about being a biker. they also think that 150 miles is a BIG run.
Old 29-09-14, 05:02 PM   #119
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Many northern bikers do to, you only have to go through Rothbury on a Sunday.
Old 29-09-14, 05:07 PM   #120
Bibio
Mega Poster

ermm LOM thats not north. now remember there was a vote and we are better together so the north part of the UK is ermm the north of Scotland.. lol

i dont call the south 'the Borders'.

shame on you, i never knew you were racist.