SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 27-08-10, 01:26 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Ride Friday afternoon

I'm off out for a ride in the sun. First stop will be Davy Jones Locker, the cafe in Barmouth overlooking the harbour at about 3.30pm If anyone would care to join me for a coffee and a few more miles you'd be most welcome.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-10, 04:50 PM   #2
slark01

Default Re: Ride Friday afternoon

Everytime i'm at shell island I always pop over to Barmouth for breakfast at Davy jones. lovely hhhmmmmm.
Edit: actually my Avatar was taken in Barmouth, cannot remember the pub's name. But it does have an area outside with about 6 tables and a pool room.

Ste.

Last edited by slark01; 27-08-10 at 04:52 PM.
Old 27-08-10, 09:55 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ride Friday afternoon

It's a good cafe Ste. Most of my rides involve a stop there!

Had a corker of a ride this afternoon and evening despite the downpour as I was riding round Llyn Efyrnwy. I was debating turning round and going home but decided to put the waterproofs on and at least go to Barmouth. And what a ride it turned out to be. I took the little single track road over the top from the lake, through Llanymawddwy and onto Dinas Mawddwy, over the bwlch, past Dolgellau and onto Barmouth. By the time I got there the sky was completely clear, the sun shining brilliantly and I was cooking nicely in my waterproof oversuit! After a cuppa at Davy Jones I headed north up the coast road to Harlech, bit of holiday traffic along there but I was in no rush. Then onto Maentwrog, Penryndeudraeth, Beddgelert, Betws y Coed and a stop at the Conwy Falls Cafe for another cuppa and a scone. Then I took the road to Penmachno and the little single track mountain road through Cwm Machno and onto the junction with the Ffestiniog-Ysbyty Ifan road. Carried on until I picked up the Ffestiniog-Bala road and on towards the A4212 and past Llyn Celyn. Onto Bala then over the mountain to Llangynog, Penybont Fawr, and from there on to home. Total mileage around 130ish miles.
I took the camera with me with the intention of taking a few pictures but I was enjoying my ride so much that I didn't want to stop. So if you want to see what it was like then you'll all just have to go and do it yourselves!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote