SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-06-13, 02:29 PM   #1
granty92

Default Swing arm bearings - where from?

so on the advisory from the mot it says there is play in the swing arm, does anyone know where i can find these bearings? now that i was told they need replacing soonish i've noticed the bike feels all wobbly so chosing not to ride at the moment, help please
Old 27-06-13, 02:31 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: swing arm bearings

main swingarm bearing are a suzuki only i'm afraid.

please sit down while you see the price.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-13, 02:35 PM   #3
granty92

oh god, expensive are they?
Old 27-06-13, 03:18 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Suzuki dealers sell Suzuki parts.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-13, 03:28 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Swing arm bearings - where from?

you might be in luck as they seem to be in this months suzuki BOTM which is for the V-Strom 650 and the codes match up with the SV650.

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcyc...-of-the-month/ right down at the bottom of Susp, brakes, wheels tab £15.09 each. item code is 09263-25059 and http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk will auto discount for the part number when you do a search
Old 27-06-13, 03:33 PM   #6
TicklinJock

Mine failed it's MOT for this. You might want to find out which ones you need first.
In my haste I reckoned I'd just replace them all and it would be good for a while. So, I bought kits for both swingarm (angular side to side) and the knuckle (vertical) play.
After I stripped it, I found there wasn't a great deal of play in the swingarm bearings, infact they looked like they were recent, and bike's only got 15k miles on it too, and I bought it at 10k.
By far the worst, was the bearing on the front of the knuckle. The replacement bearing in the kit didn't seem much better.
Bought another from a different supplier for this one, this time a full compliment bearing, from http://www.marksman-ind.com/bearings/ , it was much better. Replaced all knuckle bearings and spacers then put it back in for MOT. Passed this time.
I reckon I could have got away with replacing only the front bearing and spacer, then cleaning and regreasing the rest.
TicklinJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-13, 03:44 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have said this before. there is side to side play in the swingarm bearings from the factory and is felt by a little click-click while grabbing the end of the swingarm when up on an ABBA stand. there should be no up-down play and as TJ said its the knuckle bearings that usually cause this. TBH the way suzuki have designed all the bearings associated with the suspension is crap and the whole lot slop about something cronic.
Old 27-06-13, 03:47 PM   #8
granty92

cool thankyou