SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-03-17, 09:42 AM   #21
Taipan

Default Re: My first pointy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
If you're interested, I also have some brand new riser plates which can be flipped for a lower footrest position.

Sorry the Buell footpegs didn't work out
Damn! Just ordered some of the Hungarian bloke on eBay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Yes please. I've replied to your PM. Cheers.
Got it and replied.
Taipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 11:24 AM   #22
maviczap
Mega Poster

Double damn!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 12:46 PM   #23
Northern Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
If you're interested, I also have some brand new riser plates which can be flipped for a lower footrest position.
PM on its way
Old 11-03-17, 01:09 PM   #24
Taipan

TPS adjusted as it was coming in at 4K. Strangely it has Allen bolts in there so presume it's been adjusted at some point?

Anyway it seems to misfire at low revs so I thought I'd start with new plugs which it clearly needed. It's been, or still is, running rich, any ideas on what could cause it to run rich? I've just cleaned the k&n air filter. Am I right in thinking the K3s have a known problem of faulty air temp sensors? Sure I read that somewhere? If it was faulty would it throw up a code as I don't have any codes showing?

Old 11-03-17, 11:29 PM   #25
Taipan

I dig a bit deeper and found whats in the pictures (click to enlarge) below. The rear tb has an open pipe on it. Not sure what both pipes are? The front one has the sealer cap thing on but looks perished. On my carbed ones remember leaving longer tubes on them so putting the balancer on was easy. I see no reason why I cant repeat this on the pointy? Also what ever that round canister thing is the pipe from it to the air box wasn't connected. Also one of the crank venting pipes wasn't on the airbox either. Sadly I had to go out, so have left it in pieces but will put it all back together tomorrow and hope with all the pipes in place, the stumble/misfire will have gone? Still not sure why its runing rich unless the Fi was dumping more fuel in to try and counter the air leaks? Anyway, another couple of little needed jobs discovered and fixed.

post image
Old 12-03-17, 12:28 PM   #26
Blapper

Sounds good. Hopefully all fixed now.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 02:04 PM   #27
Taipan

Sadly not as my carbtune isn't working properly, it is very old though and the rods seem to be sticking. My Twinmax isn't working either. Sigh. I still have a slight misfire at low revs, but will road test it tomorrow.
Old 12-03-17, 03:43 PM   #28
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

I have a carbtune 2.They are fully serviceable.You can take it apart and clean and oil the rods with a bit of 3-in-1
Old 12-03-17, 04:41 PM   #29
Taipan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
I have a carbtune 2.They are fully serviceable.You can take it apart and clean and oil the rods with a bit of 3-in-1
Aye, done just that. But the rods sit at different heights even when you swap the vacuum tubes over at the top of the gauge. Getting some stiction somewhere? It is easily 15 years old though. Sadly the Twimax seems to be outof prdution or i'd have treated myself to a new one of them. Might have to make a homemade manometer up...

Last edited by Taipan; 12-03-17 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-03-17, 07:06 PM   #30
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Aye, done just that. But the rods sit at different heights even when you swap the vacuum tubes over at the top of the gauge. Getting some stiction somewhere? It is easily 15 years old though. Sadly the Twimax seems to be outof prdution or i'd have treated myself to a new one of them. Might have to make a homemade manometer up...
That's a shame.My Carbtune 2 4 cylinder version is about 10+ years old and still in good working condition.

http://www.carbtune.co.uk/index.html

What about some metal polish if it's the rods but also make sure there's no little bit of grit got into the restrictors as they are very fine bore.Maybe poke through with a small needle and run the rubber tubes through from a Hot-tap?

I've spoken with John Morgan a couple of times and he's a really helpful guy who backs up his products.It's one of the best purchases I've made.