SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 13-05-10, 08:48 PM   #191
hongman

Default Re: Always wear yer ferkin leathers. Graffic images.

I just came across this thread...Getting a back protector now as well as all the rest of my kit. Scary thing is the additonal expense of a back protector just sort of passed through my brain for maybe 10s then back out again on the basis that its only for hardcore riders.

A big thank you to for posting this, could've possibly saved my life already.
Old 13-05-10, 08:50 PM   #192
hongman

And wow, a quick peek on ebay reveals a host of decent 2nd hand ones for £25...I expected them to be £100+.
Old 14-05-10, 07:26 AM   #193
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
I just came across this thread...Getting a back protector now as well as all the rest of my kit. Scary thing is the additonal expense of a back protector just sort of passed through my brain for maybe 10s then back out again on the basis that its only for hardcore riders.

A big thank you to for posting this, could've possibly saved my life already.
Yup. In the grand scheme of things a back protector is probably one of the cheapest parts of biking but argueably the most important. Glad this thread has converted another biker in thinking about the gear in which they choose to ride.

Last edited by Stig; 14-05-10 at 10:15 AM.
Old 14-05-10, 08:36 AM   #194
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
And wow, a quick peek on ebay reveals a host of decent 2nd hand ones for £25...I expected them to be £100+.
I would be wary of second hand ones. Most work by being crushed to absorb energy, so if they have not been cared for (left under a pile of stuff for instance) it may be partially crushed already and it might not be as effective as it could be when it comes to the crunch. I landed flat on my back in my last off, my back protector was all floppy and half it's original thickness after, wouldn't want something not fully up to it in that situation.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-10, 08:41 AM   #195
hongman

Thanks lucky - I'll keep a lookout for that. ALthough even new they are circa ~80-90 quid, I'll def be getting one. After I showed my GF the pics I dont think I have much choice in the matter now regardless!
Old 07-06-10, 05:17 PM   #196
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I have joined this forum today as I am planning on getting an SV650 as a first bike in the not so distant future. I am very glad I have read this thread but I am now seriously considering not getting in motorcycling at all.....I have a wife and son...

If I do continue down the motorcycle route I know I will be spending a good deal of cash on every possible precautionary measure I can.

Thanks for opening my eyes to what I didn't give enough thought to before, food for thought for sure...
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 09:27 PM   #197
Electro

Jogging bottoms on a bike dont work when you wind it up going thru a village high st and a car pulls out.

This pic shows the bikers thigh. Both arms are badly bust and various other bad injuries. Pic taken by a mate of the biker who saw it all happen. This was in Mossley not far from Manchester a couple of weks ago.

It aint nice and it shows bone as the flesh has gone from the thigh so dont click then complain as you have been informed of the content.

edit by Richie :- The following photo is very graphic !
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...W/67e5bef7.jpg

Last edited by Richie; 18-06-10 at 05:51 AM.
Old 18-06-10, 01:54 AM   #198
-Ralph-

How do you know that this picture is not a fake? The wound is very clean, no grit in it at all. No dirt on the trousers, rips look very clean, etc, etc.

I've lost a considerable amount of flesh off the right hand side of my body from the balls of my feet right the way up to my right tit, as the result of sliding down the road. It took the nurses literally hours to clean the wounds, and they weren't that clean after they had finished.

I came off at 30mph in jeans and the wounds were probably 1/2 inch deep at the worst, how fast was this guy going on a village high street?

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-06-10 at 02:01 AM.
Old 18-06-10, 05:14 AM   #199
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
How do you know that this picture is not a fake?
Does it matter? Surely the point is to wear proper gear. Doesn't really matter if the pic is fake or genuine - the message is the same.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-10, 08:53 AM   #200
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Does it matter? Surely the point is to wear proper gear. Doesn't really matter if the pic is fake or genuine - the message is the same.
Yes, it matters. If the photo is a fake, how can it reinforce any message, if people look at it and go "that's b0ll0cks"?

The message is a important and valid one, and this thread has become pivotal to reinforcing that message on the org since 2006, but you only undermine that message and this thread, if you try to evidence it with a fake photo. Much better to have photo's like the one this thread started with, which are less graphic, but real, then people believe it and take notice.

I'm not saying the photo is definitely a fake, but at the moment I don't believe what I am seeing, and I'd like to know what more we know about it to try and determine that. If it is a fake I think we should take it off this thread, because this thread does carry an important message, and we don't want to turn it into a pointless gore fest, where people compete to see who can post the most graphic images, that have no basis in reality.

Even the opinion of a medical professional to say that it does or doesn't look like a leg that has slid down the road, or indeed that it does actually look like the inside of leg and not something done in photoshop (all bones and muscles in the correct place, etc), would all be of interest. Electro may not know any more about it, he may just have posted the contents from an email or another forum.

It could be a completely real photo, but that doesn't mean we should take it at face value without challenging it's validity. If nobody ever challenged anything we'd all be in a right mess.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-06-10 at 09:03 AM.