SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-09-08, 01:50 PM   #1
G
Mega Poster

Default The weight loss Thread

In the last month I have put on over 1st.....I now weigh 14st 5lb which is fairly depressing as this time last month I weighed 13st 4lb.....

Just over a year ago I used to weigh about 12st 4lb and in my peak of fitness I weighed 11st 5lb.

My aim is to loose between 1st and 2st before the end of November.....so in the same fashion as the 'Stop Smoking Thread' heres my 'Lose Weight Thread'

Does anyone else have a problem with their weight fluctuating and generally being a pain in the ass? I dont really look fat but my 'Correct weight' for my height (just over 6ft) is apparently between 11.5st and 12st.

Not sure what my plan is yet other than trying to eat less and actually stop being lazy and go to the gym, hopefully I'll be able to report back with some of my fat shed, not going to step on the scales again until the 26th of october and then again on the 26th november.
Old 26-09-08, 02:35 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

i'm in the same boat as you. I'm usualy about 70kgs but weighed myself last night and i'm now 80kg. And i dont like it!

thinking of joining a local gym but thats as dull as dishwater. Oh and i so dont do running before anyone (Ed) suggests running it off
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 02:37 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've set myself a target weight of 13st. But I havent set a time to do it by.

Same boat, pilled on the pounds and didnt notice till my leathers got a bit tight. I'm not very good with my food though. ( read likes eating junk food and cr*p ) which is what the problem is.

14 St on the nose last time I weighed myself.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 02:45 PM   #4
G
Mega Poster

Thats the date then 26th November the final weigh in.......

Whoever has lost the largest percentage of weight wins.......erm a Mars Bar

My problem is I enjoy my food also, I could happily sit and eat 12 bourbons every night after dinner. So thats going to be one of the first things that gets the chop. Along with the portion sizes I have.
Old 26-09-08, 02:45 PM   #5
glsuk1970

My weight goes up and down a lot. I tend to lose it quickly, then put it back on slowly.

I started back at the gym again a month ago and weighed 80 Kg which is far too much for someone as vertically challenged as me (170 cm). I lost 8 Kg since then by eating better (loads more fruit), drinking less alcohol and exercising more, usually 3 sometimes 4 sessions a week at the gym.

My target is 67 Kg but I'm trying not to be obsessive about it.

Good luck G!
Old 26-09-08, 02:48 PM   #6
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsuk1970 View Post

My target is 67 Kg but I'm trying not to be obsessive about it.
I wish I could get obsessive about it.....that would help with my motivational problem somewhat.

I think this time with the help of a thread I may get obsessive about it, I really need to actually do something this time, rather than just pretending to myself that I'm going to do something about it.
Old 26-09-08, 02:56 PM   #7
Tara

i've got a stone to lose currently using the wii fit to get fit but not obsessed about it - i've cut out the junk and cut down on my wine intake so we'll see how it goes
Old 26-09-08, 02:59 PM   #8

I am the largest and most unhealthy I have been ever... and its horrible to many take aways and to much filling my evenings grazing in front of the box.. (damn the new tv and nice sofa)

I hate it, not being able to get clothes comfortably, always over heating.

I do like the gym, but Im trying to move so cant justify the cash..

I guess it will have to wait (ha ha play on words) but i do want to loose weight so much...
Old 26-09-08, 03:01 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
i've got a stone to lose
WHAT !!! Last time I saw you there was nowt to you to lose.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 03:01 PM   #10
Grinch

No one wants to cover over and help me eat cake then?