SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 15-08-11, 10:25 PM   #11
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: My AR Experience (part 1)

Conclusion (part 7)

So it’s been nearly a week and I’m just about recovered, still got my panniers to unpack tomorrow, but that’ll be an end to it, writing this had allowed me to relive it all again which has been wonderful, despite the soaking and the bad weather of Saturday it was a great weekend.

Another brilliant AR, I’ve been on the forum for nearly a decade, been on many other forums and clubs, but there is something different about the SV board, it’s still retained over all this time a niceness that you just don’t find, part of which is the way the AR brings a personal quality to the forum for the rest of the year, I’ve missed only one AR completely in all that time and to be honest if I could only do one bike event a year, it’d probably be this one, I very much appreciate the amount of work involved by basically two people this year and hope it’s recognised by the forum as that’s what really keeps it going, members involvement beyond just typing away.

But above all that, it’s the members that make the weekend what it always turns out to be, another success story and for that I thank all that made the effort to attend, until next year then....

The end…… or at least for the time being.

all photos and video are here.

just a personal perspective view on the weekend, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 15-08-11 at 11:35 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 06:38 AM   #12
missyburd

Really good read that Mark, nice one Glad the bike wasn't too buggered, still a pain but all's well that ends well. Was great to see you, you'll be up again sooner than we think I don't doubt you stubborn soul
Old 16-08-11, 07:24 AM   #13
kellyjo

Great write up Rictus, thanks for taking the time!
Old 16-08-11, 08:33 AM   #14
pookie

Really appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts and pictures of the AR and travels. Hoping to make an AR in the future.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 08:37 AM   #15
Geodude
Mega Poster

Great story rictus i wish i could have been there. I like the sound of this 'I have the delights of Lou’s shepherds pie in a sandwich'.

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 08:58 AM   #16
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
Great story rictus i wish i could have been there. I like the sound of this 'I have the delights of Lou’s shepherds pie in a sandwich'.
I really do have to start giving Mark something else to eat, he may begin to think I only cook Shepherds Pie!!
Although the vote was next time he comes, and I am given ample time to prepare, I may convert him to something a little less English....Soutzoukakia

I've said before Geo, and I'll say it again, my door is open if you find your travels down these parts
Last night saw local org friends, the YCs and Smudge getting BBQ Meaty Goodness(although its a man thing so Pete was cooking)...........there was an awful lot of charcoal left over from the AR, shame to not put it to use
Theres been quite a lot of orgers over the years drop in for a cuppa, all very welcome indeed.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-11 at 09:00 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 09:00 AM   #17
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I've said before Geo, and I'll say it again, my door is open if you find your travels down these parts Last night saw local org friends, the YCs and Smudge getting BBQ Meaty Goodness(although its a man thing so Pete was cooking)...........there was an awful lot of charcoal left over from the AR, shame to not put it to use
Haha

thats one way to put it!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 09:01 AM   #18
rictus01
Mega Poster

Lou I think you keyboards broken....Soutz********, or is that meatballs

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 09:03 AM   #19
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

No, no definately not just any old meatball Mark, Keftedes meatballs in a rather tasty tomatoe sauce is mostly called Soutzoukakia..........its not swearing, and all the green stuff is hidden

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 09:10 AM   #20
Geodude
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I really do have to start giving Mark something else to eat, he may begin to think I only cook Shepherds Pie!!
Although the vote was next time he comes, and I am given ample time to prepare, I may convert him to something a little less English....Soutzoukakia

I've said before Geo, and I'll say it again, my door is open if you find your travels down these parts
Last night saw local org friends, the YCs and Smudge getting BBQ Meaty Goodness(although its a man thing so Pete was cooking)...........there was an awful lot of charcoal left over from the AR, shame to not put it to use
Theres been quite a lot of orgers over the years drop in for a cuppa, all very welcome indeed.
You my good lady are a star, maybe one day i will be allowed out to play with my friends and i'll be there for cake Thanks Lou means alot x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Lou I think you keyboards broken....Soutz********, or is that meatballs

Bet you'll get a smacked backside for being cheeky

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote