SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 16-08-11, 09:17 AM   #21
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: My AR Experience (part 1)

well it has a high standard to live up to as you know I Love your shepherds pie, but I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 07:26 PM   #22
pegasus
Mega Poster

sitting with a brew reading this Mark. excellent personalised view of a great weekend.

I look forward to our next ride Mate, you are one of the few people I enjoy watching ride.....granted sometimes i think you have the power of a Jedi and ride using some sort of mystic force...but all the more enjoyable for it.

I also agree with you about the logistics of setting up such an event....the 2 peeps who organised it need some recognition from the forum.

So how bout it mods?

thanks P

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 08:57 PM   #23
rictus01
Mega Poster

Thanks Pete, it's nice to go over everything again; sorts it out in the mind so you don't forget anything.

If by mystic force, you mean decades of practice and the sharpness London riding demands; the confidence in me and my machines abilities, then I guess it could appear that way, much like the AR itself, the better it's planned and executed, the simpler it appears.

Oh on that note, although I got my glowstick bracelet I didn't take a welcome bag, I know there were sweets in there and some "95 alive" things and Lou went to some trouble to sort them out, anyone remember what was in there? just out of interest?

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 16-08-11, 09:08 PM   #24
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
I also agree with you about the logistics of setting up such an event....the 2 peeps who organised it need some recognition from the forum.

So how bout it mods?

thanks P
Another vote for this!!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 09:15 PM   #25
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post

Oh on that note, although I got my glowstick bracelet I didn't take a welcome bag, I know there were sweets in there and some "95 alive" things and Lou went to some trouble to sort them out, anyone remember what was in there? just out of interest?

Cheers Mark.
spare glowstick, v2 wiper thing with drycloths, 95alive keyring torch thing, chocolate SHEEP! I think that was everything?
Old 16-08-11, 09:25 PM   #26
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
spare glowstick, v2 wiper thing with drycloths, 95alive keyring torch thing, chocolate SHEEP! I think that was everything?
Earplugs. 95 alive booklet.
.......and Love hearts!!! Drumsticks, lolly pops, parma violets!!!

You guys don't realise how long it took Dylan my eldest, to make sure everyone got a four sweet assortment and a chocolate sheep.

Some folks got sv650.org pucks, a lot of folk brought their own.

Those that are wondering what 95 alive is. North Yorkshire road safety partnership have a campaign specifically targetted at bikers. Its not something to catch them out for speeding or slaps on wrists, its purely something to get them aware that on our roads, its a lot of rider error. People have so much fun up here, they fall off on their own.
With these freebies, it just passes the message along to promote safe riding. They were more than happy to hand over 100 or so goodies in resealable bags.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-11 at 09:29 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-11, 10:01 PM   #27
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
parma violets.
I used to love those, remember you could get the giant ones, didn't know they still made them, but in fairness I don't normally look.

Cheers Mark.

Last edited by rictus01; 16-08-11 at 10:09 PM.
Old 17-08-11, 08:12 AM   #28
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I realllllllly dislike them, they are the worst sweet in the world!
However, Messie was absolutely thrilled when she found a roll of them in her bag

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-11, 08:26 AM   #29
rictus01
Mega Poster

perspective I guess, takes me back to a time where I couldn't see over the counter at the sweet shop, blackjacks were 8 for an old penny (the big ones) and I was allowed a pennies worth on the way home from school on a friday so took the longer route passed the shop.

Or to the youngsters out there the "black & white" days....

Cheers Mark.
Old 19-08-11, 02:30 PM   #30
The Idle Biker

Good write up Mark and if I didn't say so before, thanks for doing the pics and videos.

Btw I never got a chocolate sheep in my bag, who do I complain to?