SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-12-14, 03:31 PM   #11
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: London ultra-low emissions zone.

It might be a selfish way of looking at it, but I work in the middle of that area, and I don't really fancy buying an entirely new bike just to get to work.

I accept the premise of this but their own stats make very clear where they need to put the effort in, and 2 wheelers aren't it. As you have to have a pretty good reason to take a car through that bit in the middle anyway it won't make a lot of difference to me for the car, but it will affect plenty of others.

Jambo
Old 12-12-14, 03:39 PM   #12
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Big brother is always watching you
New cameras won't be a n issues.
Think of the money they are going to make

Last edited by NTECUK; 12-12-14 at 03:40 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 03:39 PM   #13
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
It might be a selfish way of looking at it, but I work in the middle of that area, and I don't really fancy buying an entirely new bike just to get to work.
I second that.

I tried to convince the Mrs I needed a new bike because of this but she quickly cottoned on to the fact that it doesn't start for quite a few years.
Old 12-12-14, 03:43 PM   #14
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
I second that.

I tried to convince the Mrs I needed a new bike because of this but she quickly cottoned on to the fact that it doesn't start for quite a few years.
There is a disruptive part of me that quite wants to fit an RD350 motor in an 2007 125 just to make a point. But in all honesty that would probably cost me £12 a day in oil and fuel so the joke would be on me in any case...

Jambo
Old 12-12-14, 04:56 PM   #15
ophic
Mega Poster

Everyone rips the stock exhaust off their post-2007 bike anyway. I'm sure that either removes the cat or makes it ineffective. Go forth and pollute.

Conspiracy theory: trying to stimulate the economy by increasing sales of new vehicles.
Old 12-12-14, 08:36 PM   #16
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post

I accept the premise of this but their own stats make very clear where they need to put the effort in, and 2 wheelers aren't it. As you have to have a pretty good reason to take a car through that bit in the middle anyway it won't make a lot of difference to me for the car, but it will affect plenty of others.

Jambo
Not selfish at all,just common sense.This seems to be a case of,we have a problem,instead of dealing with it specifically lets use it as an excuse(smokescreen) to bash anyone we dont approve of.And they do hate bikers in Borisland.