SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-05-08, 08:39 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Bank account compromised .... g*ts

Arrggghhhh .... went out for a meal on Sat and spent half an hour trying to pay for it on my visa card, finally after speaking with my bank I paid and went on my way.

Today I tried to pay my council tax over the phone, it was denied and I got to to contact my bank.

Bank then said someone had taken 51p from my account from an internet trasnsaction (one I knew nothing about and didnt recognise company) and the bank killed my debit card to protect my a/c.

Spot on to Alliance and Leicester for picking up on a 51p transaction but gggrrrrrrr to the bu**ers who stole my card details.

I just ordered a new PC on line of which won't come now as all card transactions have been cancelled

When I went in branch to draw money out I got pulled into the nearest clothes shop and spent most of it ...... thats why I use a card so I don't go to town and spend.

Grrrrr Shells daily rant over .... do they know not to clone a coppers card LOL
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-08, 08:54 PM   #2
Wayluya

Default Re: Bank account compromised .... g*ts

Could have been worse.

Funnily enuf I use cash, cos' in the (long) past was never good with cards and temptation.

Temptation strikes in different ways
Old 19-05-08, 09:15 PM   #3
Speedy Claire

Bummer hun..... hope it gets sorted quickly
Old 19-05-08, 09:17 PM   #4
Davido

good move by your bank though. Mine would probably have waited till my account was empty before doing anything. Then charged me for going overdrawn.
Old 19-05-08, 09:24 PM   #5
CoolGirl

Are you sure it was cloned? Where did you order the PC from? They may be the culprits.

I say this as the same thing happened to me a few months ago. The PC company, in protecting themselves, took the first 45p off the card to prove it was genuine. however, the card company thought this was suspicious so stopped the card, thereby blocking the remainig ?499.55p of the transaction. Fortunately they rang me to say there was a problem and a swift call from me to the bank sorted it out and card was duly unblocked. and the internet company's trading name may not be the same as the website ( eg Laptops Direct trades as Easy Computers).
Old 19-05-08, 09:35 PM   #6
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
Are you sure it was cloned? Where did you order the PC from? They may be the culprits.

I say this as the same thing happened to me a few months ago. The PC company, in protecting themselves, took the first 45p off the card to prove it was genuine. however, the card company thought this was suspicious so stopped the card, thereby blocking the remainig ?499.55p of the transaction. Fortunately they rang me to say there was a problem and a swift call from me to the bank sorted it out and card was duly unblocked. and the internet company's trading name may not be the same as the website ( eg Laptops Direct trades as Easy Computers).
Purchased from ebuyer .... who now have cancelled my order and upped the price of the PC so I am royally fed up !!!!

Ahhh I am going to bed I cant even spend money grrrrrrr

Knowing my luck this is what has happened, I have to wait a week for a new card and PC
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 19-05-08, 09:37 PM   #7
El Saxo

Same thing happened to me the day before I went on NW3 - bank phoned me to check on suspicious activity on my account - there were transactions like yours, both v.low amounts but they definitely weren't mine - 1 was for iTunes and one was for a Pharmacy somewhere, for about a quid each. Bank immediately cancelled my card & sent a new one - thankfully I was able to borrow some money off my Dad to cover petrol etc for the weekend.

Makes you wonder though, with all the different places I use my card, especially when away on rideouts etc, why were those 2 transactions the ones that flagged up as suspicious?
Old 19-05-08, 09:42 PM   #8
markmoto

Jeeze shell your not having much look lately kid, least its good to know the banks are onto this sort of thing.
Old 20-05-08, 06:34 AM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
Jeeze shell your not having much look lately kid, least its good to know the banks are onto this sort of thing.
LOL I now Mototech, don't know why I am getting out of bed today .... hoping nothing else can go wrong LOL

Going to call ebuyer this morning and see what they playing at with my laptop, may be a solution to my 51p but I doubt it. I remember te guy in Alliancd and Leicester saying it had happened to a few people and asked if it was just 51p..... hey they gave it me back I ain't out of pocket LOL, wonder if they would have been so fast to credit me the moeny back if it was thousands.

Old 20-05-08, 07:40 AM   #10
kitkat

should change your name to lucky white heather shell lol