SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 06-08-09, 11:07 PM   #31
JediGoat

Default Re: Ace Cafe, 31/08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stroppy View Post
Is it always like this?
No, not IMHO. The meeting in Frith is always welcoming, even to rare visitors like...er...me!
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:13 PM   #32
Mr Stroppy

If its as welcoming as this thread has been...(fill your own answer here)
Old 06-08-09, 11:30 PM   #33
rictus01
Mega Poster

well turn up and see for yourself, it's real people not just words on a forum, hope you do but then the choice as with anyone is always yours as it is your leisure time

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:32 PM   #34
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I was going to type out a rather long post. But as i'm posting from a phone, that would take considerably more effort than i can be bothered with.
Mark, please, and yes i'm begging here, try & act your age. There is nothing sinister in my plans. If anyone from soho has anything they wish to say to me, either pm it, or turn up at the ace on at least the 28th.
Spidey, apologies for posting again, but i don't take well to insinuated threats. No hard feelings from me should you, or any other mod wish to edit/remove posts from this thread.
nope i dont play those games. I remove anything that is offensive to other forum members, everything else can stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shop_addict View Post
Can we just let it be that if folks want to announce they are coming into London, that they can do so in here, and if others can/want to meet up, then that is their choice?

Surely this part of the forum is for any orger to use, and not a closed Soho group. I most certainly hope so.
Jo
It most certainly is Jo, all are welcome to our little corner of the Org. I regularly invite posters to come post in our Megathread since i post in a lot of other peoples megathreads.

If peeps are in london and want to arrange to meet some of the Massive their requests are ususaly well responded to, as i'm sure you'll vouch for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
so I take it this visit won't be followed by one of your ranting post or another of Paul's shotgun facebook mail then; about the Soho lot avoiding or ignoring anyone as it did last time ? that's if we're acting to age of course?

or do you mean passing on obvious information is something only the youngsters can do, which frankly I'm at a loss to understand

and as for the apparent "olive branch" of being reasonable and coming to see you at the Ace, you already know where we'll be and at what time, so a hollow gesture at best in my book, and since when did you believe in PM's ? given your style of posting it's not when prudence dictates.
Bravo, you say it so well sometimes Mark.

Quote:
Well said Jo. There seems to be a certain amount of bitchyness going on here that I dont know, want to know about. But it does make me think twice about wanting to join this regional section. Is it always like this?
Mr Stroppy mate, please dont judge the Soho Massive from this one thread. Please come to Soho one friday night and meet us actual londoners who are there week after week and decide for yourself.
You will see we are all very friendly, welcoming and down to earth.

Yes sometimes there are things that go on in the background and as much as we try to keep them off our happy little forum, some people just cant help themselves but to keep trying to pollute our nice atmosphere with their negativity.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P

Last edited by Spiderman; 07-08-09 at 12:52 AM.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:44 PM   #35
joshmac

Quote:
Is it always like this?
No not at all. There're very rarely threads like this and no Soho meet I've been to has had anything but a really positive feel to it. Always makes me come away in a good mood.

At the end of the day it's your call, but you shouldn't judge this section on what you've read in this one thread...

Hopefully see you tomorrow night at Frith. Will be good to meet a new face. First round's on the newbie as well (J/K... but no seriously...

Nah
Old 07-08-09, 07:18 AM   #36
Baph

Yet more digs this is getting old now.
For the record, i found out about paul after i got back home, not while i was down south. I've also had a chat by pm with the person probably most involved with that situation, and they have been far more adult than some in this thread.
Jo, wise words, for the sake of any newbies, i'll not retort to the digs.
Those that are able to get to the ace are more than welcome, that was afterall the intention of the thread.
Since apparently some users have an issue with me, but no-one has said anything, when i next have the chance, i will make it to frith on a friday night. No guarantee as to when that will be though.
Old 07-08-09, 09:16 AM   #37
Nick_69

I would like to go, and coz im a newish member to the forum and have not meet anyone let, but i would like to ride up with someone if that would be possible. cheers

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 09:19 AM   #38
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_69 View Post
I would like to go, and coz im a newish member to the forum and have not meet anyone let, but i would like to ride up with someone if that would be possible. cheers
Well there are a few people in your rough area that come up fairly regularly, so you should get some help.

As long as its not tonight (already guiding someone in from North London-ish) I might even be able to help you out.

Try PMing Stu

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 11:06 AM   #39
rictus01
Mega Poster

I surprised, I expected more, the attrition thing not really working this time then, and “for the record”; the “I founds out about” comment is a retort, so the “for the sake of newbies” is a little lame don’t you think ? And yet I just knew you couldn’t resist it.

As you said earlier about “politics” or games really, I did point out what it looked like, but you’ve chose to give that a wide berth I see; even via PM, your choice though.

You’ve done well to not get this thread deleted this time, and yet also managed to not address any of these supposed issues, as I would have done in your place, (well actually I wouldn’t have been there in the first place).

If as you suggested you intention was merely as originally stated, then as has been pointed out; clarity and better timing would have helped no end, but of course that wouldn’t have been helpful to you if other intentions were on your mind

As to the rest of us, I’m sure we’ll be continuing to attending the regular Soho Massive meets; who ever chooses to come visit, after all we’re not going anywhere*.

Cheers Mark.

*caviet, we sometimes get moved on to the square, parking and al that, but hey all part of the fun.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 11:12 AM   #40
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
this is getting old now.
Yes it is, hence i asked you not to post until you knew when your plans to be at the Ace were. But that seems too difficult for you to adhere to for some reason.

Quote:
i will make it to frith on a friday night. No guarantee as to when that will be though.
meh.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote