SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-05-06, 02:21 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default white van man again

Well there I was, driving up the M6 in the filter off lane for the Junction 31 (Tickled Trout) exit. In front of me was a bike, also indicating left. Suddenly white van from 2nd lane crosses straight through the first and into the filter off. No indication and into the side of the bike in front of me.

Big up to the rider who stayed on and hit his brakes. Good job as the van has then to brake himself due to traffic queuing in front and the n/s brake light doesn't work.

How does the rider keep his cool?. But he gets past without even a glimpse at the driver, I also overtake and do look at him. Yes the git is on his mobile.

I hit the horn, make gestures as to indicate I think he practices acts of self gratification on a regular basis. I guess he was telling whoever was on the other end of his phone call that no only had he had a hells angel try to undertake him as he was coming off the motorway, but now there was an escaped lunatic waving at him.
Old 02-05-06, 03:24 PM   #2
Anonymous

Mate that sucks. I hope you got his wing mirror to add to your collection? I would.
Old 02-05-06, 03:42 PM   #3
TC3

Into the side of the bike and the rider did nothing??? Who is the bigger loser there i do not know the rider or the driver!
Old 02-05-06, 04:55 PM   #4
independentphoto

Titanium toe sliders Mines seem to be picking up little scratches which will come in handy when required

Garry
Old 02-05-06, 07:31 PM   #5
tomjones2

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
Mate that sucks. I hope you got his wing mirror to add to your collection? I would.
You don't want to collect them, post them back thorough the closed window
Old 02-05-06, 07:46 PM   #6
Razor

Bad white van drivers give good white van drivers a bad name...
Old 02-05-06, 07:54 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Bad white van drivers give good white van drivers a bad name...
this is true, as i have on various previous jobs had to drive a white van a lot, in london and out. I've also driven brand new ice cream vans with Walls all over them but thats another story.

I do come across the good ones from time to time and make sure i give em a nod or a wink, and if i'm in town filtering thru gridlock and they make the effort i'll shout a "cheers buddy" thru the window.

Sadly not enough of em and the story above is just another example of them tw@s!!
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-06, 08:14 AM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

Talking to my brother about it last night, It was obvious the driver was not even aware that the bike was there and he had clipped it. Now the hyperthetical question was what would I have done if the biker had gone down.

A) The decent thing and stop and help him.
B) Followed the git, phoning police on my hands free
Old 03-05-06, 08:35 AM   #9
sharriso74

Tough one that, guess what you could do is both slow down and see if the rider is ok ie moving then follow the van.

Although in reality I'd make a mental note of the vans registration and stop and help the rider. After all bikes can be fixed.
Old 03-05-06, 08:36 AM   #10
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
Talking to my brother about it last night, It was obvious the driver was not even aware that the bike was there and he had clipped it. Now the hyperthetical question was what would I have done if the biker had gone down.

A) The decent thing and stop and help him.
B) Followed the git, phoning police on my hands free
If he'd done a hit and run, then I'd have followed him, got his reg no., phoned cops and possibly tried to stop him. Hopefully other people would stop to help.