SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-05-06, 10:14 PM   #21
K

Current regulars are:

Prison Break
Lost
Sleeper Cell
Battlestar Galactica (just finished)
CSI
Cold Case (occasionally)
Bones
Rescue Me (just finished)

Other than that I'll skip through to find documentaries about pretty much anything that sparks my interest, history stuff, war stuff, crime stuff, nature stuff, stuff stuff!

Otherwise it's movies for me big time, but I have to be in the mood for what's on. I very rarely have the TV just on and veg infront of it. I prefer to veg out with a good book or something.

I usually go to the cinema every week so most of the stuff on mainstream prime time is a repeat for me, I'll still have it on in the background though. If I'm doing some leatherwork or painting then I like to have something on as ambient noise so to speak and I have a very limited music collection and the radion tends to drive me up the wall.
I actually prefer to 'listen' to movies than music most of the time if I'm working. Some I know so well that I know exactly when to look up for the best bits - Dog Soldiers I know off by heart, same as Blackhawk Down, Hellboy and Sin City.

I tend to rather buy a DVD than a music albom. Don't get me wrong, I love music and would love to own more of it - the problem is I have the worse memory for band names or song titles so never know what it is I actually like unless I hear it. Where as films I always remember and so know what I'm buying.
Old 31-05-06, 10:17 PM   #22
The Basket

Family Guy
Old 31-05-06, 10:19 PM   #23
Razor

My Name is Earl.
Old 31-05-06, 10:21 PM   #24
ArtyLady

Im afraid that until I get back on my bike Im bored ****eless and watch all the Soaps, all the reality shows - yes and Big Brother - all the detective/courtroom/whodunnits, anything to pass the time quicker

Once I get back on my bike you wont see my **** for dust
Old 31-05-06, 10:44 PM   #25
haggis

Well I did watch 24 until it went over to SKY. Now get it videoed and watch a whole series in 3 days. By the end of the first tape I'm wishing for Jacks' death so I can go and eat.

Lost has taken over this role. I've just missed the last two episodes (nobody say a word! , I'll figure it out)

The rest is stuff like...
Scrapheap Challenge, Top Gear, bike racing and WRC.
F1 and BTCC I can take or leave. Their glory days are over and it's just not interesting me anymore.

I see Film Four is coming to freeview in July - so that's something to replace Men&Motors which disappeared a while back.
Old 31-05-06, 10:48 PM   #26
Xerbraski

I only really watch the Discovery channels, anything about WW2 is good for me!!
The good thing is, I know all of Nazi Germanys secret plans and where they hide all their stuff.
handy information to know should they try and invade!! *taps nose with finger*
Old 31-05-06, 11:20 PM   #27
haggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerbraski
I only really watch the Discovery channels, anything about WW2 is good for me!!
The good thing is, I know all of Nazi Germanys secret plans and where they hide all their stuff.
handy information to know should they try and invade!! *taps nose with finger*

Psssst! Rene told me that the 'Madonna with the big boobies' is in the sausage. Just remember I didn't tell you.
Old 01-06-06, 01:06 PM   #28
Swiss

I cannot believe that nobody has posted

The Green Wing

and

The Smoking Room
Old 01-06-06, 01:51 PM   #29
DanDare

[img]
[/img]

I watched this regularly as a child, it was fascinating, not much s*x or action but a good story line.
Old 01-06-06, 02:00 PM   #30
Stormspiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis
Lost has taken over this role. I've just missed the last two episodes (nobody say a word! , I'll figure it out)
Which two is it ?? I have them from the good ol' US of A.

Just finished season 2 and now totally mortified that i'll have to wait till august for season 3 to start running in America .

Apart from lost i only regularly watch

Life of grime
Traffic cops
Scrapheap challenge
Everybody hates chris
Grand designs
anything involving sharks/big cats/general predators

....and am forced to watch the soaps in return

This year i've managed to avoid big brother like the plague