SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 05-03-07, 06:45 PM   #1
sfstu

Default k4 swingarm

hi..got a 650 k4 swingarm going spare if anyone interested? it's clean(like new) and is sitting around gararge not needed due to fitting of sv1000 arm...would need 10er for postage...
Old 10-01-08, 10:47 PM   #2
Kulay

Default Re: k4 swingarm

Hi Thread,

Can I ask you? was it difficult to replace the swingarm with the sv1000 one or was it a stragiht bolt on? I am interested cos I feel that could be a nice way of putting a fatter wheel on the back!! ... even if it doesn't improve anything, but it would look awesome...

Cheers
Old 11-01-08, 12:40 AM   #3
sfstu

hi kulay..firstly, yeah it looks wicked with a 190 section rear tyre..! and although there were a few doubters here regarding the handling, it handles perfectly?
bad news is though mate it was NOT a straight forward bolt in..!!!the arm itself fits in the frame fine but the shock on the 1000 sits on the opposite side to the 650's one and as there is a scollop that allows for the shock i had to get a new scollop machined on the other side to match the 650's shock(or gsxr1000 shock i used..!) and have an ally plate welded in to cover the old scollop..this all takes place on the cross member of the swingarm...kinda hard to explain but have a good look at the backend of a 1000 and a 650 and you'll see what i mean..!!
also, the chain doesn't run straight due to the rear sprocket being offset and i had to get an offset front sprocket made up..? oh, how we suffer for our art!!!!
its do-able, (obviously cos i've done it!) but there's probably an easyier way, someone on here, sorry can't remember who (billy i think), used a bandit 12 arm and had no chain alignment issues..? hope this helps mate..!!good luck
Old 11-01-08, 12:16 PM   #4
Kulay

THanks for this mate!!

I thought it would be a difficult task, but wan't sure...damn! Am looking for an 'easy' way of putting a fatter wheel, but want to avoid having to machine or weld bits n bobs...I was kinda hoping to find a swingarm that you can just put in and that's it, but i guess it doesn't exist....

anyway, will keep searching...

by the way, do you have a pic of your fat wheel?? would love to see how it looks (prob like the SV1000 but with one can?...)
Old 11-01-08, 03:23 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Search for bandit rear wheel, if I remmember corretly it's the easiest way of doing it.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote