SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-05-20, 12:51 AM   #11
egcSV650s

Default Re: Rear Brake Not Returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoSV View Post
Well I'm glad everything worked out, good luck in the future and if you ever come to london let me know we can go for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Cheers i will do
egcSV650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 07:53 AM   #12
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcSV650s View Post
Just bled the rear brake and its perfect now, the brake lever springs back and the rear wheel is free aswell so just needed a fluid change, didnt realise how much brake fluid can affect it like that but im still going to clean and grease up the pivot point of the brake lever.

Good idea, i will definitely be doing that as dont want a seized caliper. I need to get in the habit of renewing the brake fluid more regularly aswell. Thanks for all your help
If you haven't been pointed to it do yourself a favour and get a Can of ACF50,

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm

Apply a few drops to all linkages as it not only lubes but also holds back corrosion. I also use it on all my Electrical block connectors contacts and bulb holders. Also wipe the coolant pipes with a Rag with some on as it prevents them decaying/cracking.

You can get it from local Motorcycle shops now or eBay/Amazon. It seems expensive per tin but isn't as it goes a long long way if applied correctly. Can also be used as a corrosion prevention on chains

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 16-05-20 at 09:32 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 03:33 PM   #13
egcSV650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
If you haven't been pointed to it do yourself a favour and get a Can of ACF50,

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm

Apply a few drops to all linkages as it not only lubes but also holds back corrosion. I also use it on all my Electrical block connectors contacts and bulb holders. Also wipe the coolant pipes with a Rag with some on as it prevents them decaying/cracking.

You can get it from local Motorcycle shops now or eBay/Amazon. It seems expensive per tin but isn't as it goes a long long way if applied correctly. Cam also be used as a corrosion prevention on chains
Thank you very much, i will definitely get some. Ive heard of it before just never got any, dont know why lol. Thanks for your help ill order a can now
egcSV650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 08:05 PM   #14
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Brake fluid attracts water which causes corrosion, changing it regularly can prevent corrosion in brake system, the other problem is that water boils at a much lower temperature than brake fluid and under prolonged heavy braking can be an loss of brakes - thank goodness for good engine braking on SV...more modern brake fluids are also less viscous than before to cater for ABS - Mobil make an ESP version of fluids that are thinner.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote