SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-05, 08:45 PM   #1
Daz Wood

Default Poor Running

Well I braved the weather to attend the Barton on Humber Bike event on Wednesday evening. Rain, did I say rain, The M62 was a large river with little traffic on it, fortunately as it turned out.

I was with a group of about 6 bikes when we left the A15 near S****horpe. The bike had misfired twice up til then, but hey, its raining. Opened up the throttle on the slip road and shot off onto the motorway. The spray was very bad and the engine just began to die, only one cylinder and a top speed of around 65mph No acceleration and the dread of not making it much further.

Well I did and made it (limped) to the show. I needed help as the bike once stopped wouldn't start again. No shops so no chance of getting any WD40. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather, a Police officer went to his station, got me a can and returned. It did the trick (one cylinder only, but running). and I got home, safely.

The moto of this tale is, buy a fender extender, NOW. Not all coppers are out to get us and finally thanks to the lads for sticking with me on the motorway.
Old 07-07-05, 11:09 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Fender extender's neither neccesary or the best fix- bit of nonconductive silicon grease from Maplin will sort it out more effectively for £4. Fender extender's still good for keeping the front of the bike a bit cleaner though.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote