SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 28-08-10, 10:03 PM   #1
Ginjaian

Default FOR SALE/BREAKING: 1999 T-reg naked yellow SV650 curvy, Wiltshire

Hi, for sale is my SV650. Look at the pictures, I'll tell you about it after...

So, it looks reasonably tidy, doesn't it? I've owned it for about two years, and I'm selling because I just don't use it enough; I've probably done 600 miles on it in those two years. I would describe it as being in 'good' condition rather than excellent, as there are areas where time has taken it's toll; like the rust around the bolts under the back seat, and various fixings showing a bit of corrosion or poor tool choice when attempting to undo them. I think the old bloke who had it before me did a lot of the cosmetic tidying up while also owning it for a couple of years, but sold it to me as he preferred his BMW for comfort. It's had 5 previous owners, and came with very little by the way of service history. It came with a Puig cowl, which is useful, and crash bungs.

Since I took ownership, I have restored and improved the bike's handling. It's had a full front brake rebuild, with the calipers thoroughly cleaned out and rebuilt with new seals (original brake pipes still fitted, could do with braided hoses), front forks stripped and rebuilt with Hyperpro progressive springs and new fork oil, and an Elka rear shock bought from JHS Racing with remote resevoir cunningly hidden in the seat unit. It has had Avon Viper Sport tyres fitted that have done less than 500 miles. After all of this it doesn't tie itself in knots any more when you ask it to go round a corner, and is very confidence inspiring. Exhaust is standard - I think it used to have something else fitted, as the pipe has been cut, but the old boy who had it before me didn't like it and refitted a standard pipe.

It is MOT'd until 12th August 2011, I'll even leave the tax on which lasts to end of July 2011. I had to fit a new battery this year, as I forgot to take it off over the winter and the old one died. Though it is a proper Yuasa YT12A-BS rather than the smaller capacity YTX9-BS that was fitted. It's also had an oil (Castrol Power1 GPS 4T 10W-40) and filter (Suzuki genuine part) change, with only 50 miles done since. Engine is smooth and rattle free, no leaks or drips. Chain and sprockets are in good condition too.

Bad bits? There's a small dent in the tank (see last picture above), non-standard bars (came with it, don't know why), the paint is peeling off the dial of the rev counter (see picture), the ignition barrel is well used and could probably be picked by a lollipop stick, and it has done 32,223 miles. It could do with it's valves clearences being check and carbs balanced, and possibly a replacement of fluid in the cooling system and a check that the thermostat is opening properly - it seems to get a bit warm in traffic in town.

I'd like to keep it really, but as I don't have a garage I feel it will only deteriorate under a cover in the garden, and I'm just doing too few miles to justify it. It will make a great winter hack (which would be a shame), or easy conversion to a track day bike (just add braided hoses!). I did a gentle track day at Castle Combe last summer and it held it's own (please excuse the garish leathers and helmet).

So, the price. I'm looking for £1100, but I'm open to sensible offers. I've been as honest and descriptive of the condition of the bike as possible. PM me, or call me on 07773 611849 if you have any questions or to arrange a viewing. I'm based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. You can ask for the Elka shock, but it will cost you £1100, though you get a free bike! I threw away the knackered original shock, so can't split. If you think I should ask for more, tell me!

Last edited by Ginjaian; 06-12-10 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-12-10, 01:07 PM   #2
Ginjaian

Default Re: FOR SALE: 1999 T-reg naked yellow SV650 curvy, Wiltshire

I haven't had any offers on my bike, so I'm now considering breaking it. If I get enquiries on a few of the bits, I'll break the rest for spares to make it worth my while. If you're interested in the whole, make me an offer!
Old 06-12-10, 01:16 PM   #3
klu

If you're breaking I'll take the rear grab rail!
Old 06-12-10, 01:23 PM   #4
Ginjaian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klu View Post
If you're breaking I'll take the rear grab rail!
Thanks for the quick reply. PM me how much you're willing to pay for it, I'm not giving it away! I'll break the bike if a few of the bigger bits go to make it worth it, but you've got first refusal on the grab rail.
Old 11-12-10, 01:58 PM   #5
2000curvy

You have PM
2000curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 03:58 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I could be interested in the shock for the right price, able to swap you with another to keep the bike together if needed...

But I also wanted to ask, did you do the Castle Coombe Bike Safe day, you look somewhat familiar?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 11:40 AM   #7
Tuna

Default Re: FOR SALE/BREAKING: 1999 T-reg naked yellow SV650 curvy, Wiltshire

If breaking I would consider the frame swingarm linkages and subframes
Old 03-01-11, 12:41 PM   #8
ojfrancis

if you are breaking i would be interested in engine.
thanks
Old 05-01-11, 11:57 PM   #9
Scorpio

Shame you're so far away or I might have been interested...

Free bump ( to save it being broken )