SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-07-14, 06:35 PM   #1
Aligowers

Default Curvy luggage options?

Hi folks im looking into a luggage system for my sv650s 02. Ive been using a backpack for the last few weeks but since the weather up here in scotlands getting much warmer and im travelling further a field. Im looking for some panniers and top box combo. Ive looked on a few different threads but struggling to find a hard pannier option for my bike.
Does anyone know if the givi wingrack and there universal kit will fit my 2002 Sv650s ?
I sent givi an email and there reply was it might but they couldnt tell me for sure. Also all the sites that sell the universal fitting kit say its not returnable. So dont want to buy it till i can make sure it will fit. Im not fussed about looks the bikes my everyday workhorse just has to be sturdy. Im carrying over 10kg of kit for my work so really need something asap to save my back
I can get the givi top box rack for my bike but its just the panniers im struggling to sort out.
I would have made something my self but I sold all my welding gear last year (HUGE MISTAKE).

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers folks.
Old 01-07-14, 06:49 PM   #2
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: Curvy luggage options.

I use a Givi wing rack with universal fitting kit and Givi top box plate + three Givi boxes. The universal fitting kit is a PITA to fit and without the boxes looks like the bodge job that it is BUT it all works a treat when loaded up.
Old 01-07-14, 07:35 PM   #3
Aligowers

Cheers buddy for the fast reply. My bikes a workhorse goes out in the worst weather and for my work I ride about on some awful roads. Really don't mind it looking a bit rough as long as it works.
Old 01-07-14, 07:54 PM   #4
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

I also have the Givi indicators as the SV indicator mounting holes are user to mount the Wing Rack.

Bought them all separately second hand apart from the panniers.