SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 14-08-12, 04:00 AM   #11
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: I hate Triumphs so much........

Thanks very much. The Top box is after market, the panniers are Triumph branded, thats why its a different colour.
How do you find yours Daryl? I've read really good reports on them. MCN actually reckon that they are better than the VFR, but you never know if it's just hype to try & sell them
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12, 05:39 AM   #12
rictus01
Mega Poster

Looks like a nice example there Colin, I ridden a couple of those and borrowed one for a weekend, there was a reason I had 7 bikes with that 955i lump in them, enjoy it mate.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12, 07:36 AM   #13
mister c
Mega Poster

Thanks Mark. Really can't wait to get it, but work is hampering me now Too many people off for me to A) get out of work to go to the bank to get the money & B) Wondering if it's worth riding 200 miles after work to go & pick it up.
We will see what pans out
Old 14-08-12, 07:52 AM   #14
darylB

I love mine, engine is a peach, pulls from low down and is full of smoothe seamless power, I've put PR3's on and seem much better than the Storms that were on it when I got it. Also got a Triumph taller screen to keep the wind off and a scottoiler. Really comfy as well over distance although I'm considering a set of bar risers to take off a little pressure on my wrists. (cos I'm not as young as I used to be) . Sure you'll enjoy yours.

Daryl.
Old 14-08-12, 12:24 PM   #15
speedyctr

Looks really good, shame you can't get it yet! It'll all the more sweeter when you do! Whats gonna to happen with the CBR? I'm on the bike for once today so you might have heard me go past a couple of times.

speedyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12, 01:27 PM   #16
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyctr View Post
Looks really good, shame you can't get it yet! It'll all the more sweeter when you do! Whats gonna to happen with the CBR? I'm on the bike for once today so you might have heard me go past a couple of times.
Yup, saw you earlier on Got the Reg rec sorted then? Good man .
The CBR will be my sh*t weather bike, I have a new job that I start in September, so my work mileage is going to plummet, it's only 4 miles from home.
Good news is that the Sprint is being delivered tomorrow The bloke will deliver for a modest fee, it's a 200 mile round trip, so thought it was cheaper than me faffing about, quite looking forward to it now
Old 14-08-12, 01:32 PM   #17
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Looks nice, enjoy and start clocking up those miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-12, 08:47 PM   #18
Bluefish

Cracking bike, but 7500 miles? who ever had that rides even less than i do lol
Old 16-08-12, 07:49 AM   #19
mister c
Mega Poster

Well, she arrived yesterday & I'm glad I didn't trek up to Bradford for it as it has no tax
She is as good to look at in the flesh as she is in the photos, but don't know what she is like to ride yet, my insurance company are emailing my documents over today, so fingers crossed, might just be riding her home

Old 16-08-12, 02:28 PM   #20
Dicky Ticker

Terrific bikes and my only regret is you have bought it,not me. I have had my 108bhp for nine years and over 50K on it .What year and is it the 108 or the 118bhp engine? Never had a more do everything bike that is so cumfy and 500mile stints are effortless.Cruising at 70-80mph I get 230miles before the light which equates to 58-60mpg simple because you do not need to go above 5000rpm to be quick but once you hit 6000rpm it is a very different animal in the last 3500rpm
Please let me know how it performs with the Maxis on it as I have had various tyre brands but always end up returning to Mich Pilot Road as the give good mileage and perform well in all conditions.

Enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine and it is amazing how much you get in the luggage.

P.S. Get the headlights changed to twins,simple relay and bulb change and the lights are 100%better

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 16-08-12 at 02:32 PM.