SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 16-08-12, 03:07 PM   #21
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: I hate Triumphs so much........

I'll be honest & say that I don't know the Horsepower, I think it's the 118. I'm looking forward to a ride tonight, just to get a feel for it. Everybody says what a brilliant bike they are, so, fingers crossed
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-12, 06:11 PM   #22
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Ooo col i see on thr book of face you rode it home and it has issues ? Poor steering ? Hope you sort it matey
Old 17-08-12, 04:52 AM   #23
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
Ooo col i see on thr book of face you rode it home and it has issues ? Poor steering ? Hope you sort it matey
Yup, looks like me & Triumphs don't tend to get on too well when I 1st buy them
Never mind, I'll have a look over the weekend & see if I can see anything untoward. If there is something drastically wrong than it will be a trip in a van to Bradford
Old 17-08-12, 11:18 AM   #24
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

You got it in Bradford????

Serves you right for not popping by for tea and cake!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-12, 11:39 AM   #25
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
You got it in Bradford????

Serves you right for not popping by for tea and cake!
It was from a little place called Idle. I got him to deliver it Dizz, I didn't have time to get up there, or I would have been banging on your door for Coffee & definitely cake
Old 17-08-12, 03:30 PM   #26
darylB

Col, get the relay so both headlights come on together on dip, would also suggest replacing the bulbs with better ones, I got Osram night breakers, if you read the manual to change them it says you have to take the fairing and front off. if you have smallish hands the bulbs can be changed by taking just the front side fairing panels off, Saves loads of time. I think it is the 118 hp model you've got, looks almost as good as mine .

Daryl.
Old 17-08-12, 03:45 PM   #27
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylB View Post
Col, get the relay so both headlights come on together on dip, would also suggest replacing the bulbs with better ones, I got Osram night breakers, if you read the manual to change them it says you have to take the fairing and front off. if you have smallish hands the bulbs can be changed by taking just the front side fairing panels off, Saves loads of time. I think it is the 118 hp model you've got, looks almost as good as mine .

Daryl.
I am going to sort the running problems 1st Daryl, then I'll attack the lights
I asked my better half to have a sit on the pillion with me sat on the bike to see how she found it. We had real problems on the Daytona when it was loaded up with luggage (she's only little). She hopped straight on, no problem, so that part of the bike has pleased me
Old 21-08-12, 07:28 AM   #28
mister c
Mega Poster

Right, well, myself & the Sprint have had 120 miles together after faffing with the front end at the weekend. The tyre fitter had put the speedo sensor on wrong, so the plastic housing was pushing on the wheel. Couple of things that have now been highlighted is that the fuel gauge only works when it feels like it, only 1 headlight is working & I cant ride it like a sports bike lol.
Took my good lady out on it last night & the bike was transformed, it rode absolutely beautifully, so suspension needs setting up. I love the riding position & I wish I'd bought a tourer years ago. Here's a couple of pictures I took this morning on the way to work outside Combermere Abbey.

Old 21-08-12, 10:06 AM   #29
Brettus

Very nice! glad it didn't turn out to be a yellow citrus fruit!
Looks really cool, I'll have to take the scenic route to work and see it in its natural environment.

Considering a tourer for my next one when I eventually swap. Wish Suzuki would make a DL1000 again though.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-12, 11:32 AM   #30
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Very nice! glad it didn't turn out to be a yellow citrus fruit!
Looks really cool, I'll have to take the scenic route to work and see it in its natural environment.

Considering a tourer for my next one when I eventually swap. Wish Suzuki would make a DL1000 again though.
Cheers Brett. Myself & the Sprint wont be in it's environment for much longer, I've handed my notice in at work & finish next Friday 31st. TBH, I can't wait now, getting the silent treatment from my "workmates" today, but, hey ho, they will grow up soon.
I can wholeheartedly give tourers the thumbs up. I know that I'm in my older years now, but i wish I'd bought one years ago, they are so comfortable