SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-05-06, 10:42 AM   #1
Bennett

Default Bike Bits

Just joined and im looking for some advice on getting bits for my silver Sv650 k3. Not had the bike for very long and im just starting to look into changing some of the bits but cant seem to find any at reasonable prices. The dealers charge some silly prices for little parts so wondered if any of you guys might have any for sale or could tell me the best place to get them.

Im looking for a silver rear grab handle / pillion handle, maybe someone who has taken one off and doesnt use it might like to sell it.

Another thing is im looking to buy a tail tidy and wondered what the your opinions are on the different kinds and if you would recommend any one in particular, but one i can keep the original indicators.

Thanks, Craig
Old 25-05-06, 11:04 AM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Put a post in the "wanted" section?
Old 25-05-06, 07:29 PM   #3
BILLY

Try bandit mainiafor your tail tidy/undertray
Old 25-05-06, 08:02 PM   #4
lodman27

Default bits

Hello, presuming you have a pointy shape, hamicad do a well made reasonably priced tailtidy that allows you to retain your original indicators, http://www.hamicad.co.uk/ as for a grab rail, as said put an ad in the wanted section, or try the breakers.

Lawrence
Old 25-05-06, 09:29 PM   #5
didge

hello mate welcome to the forum, here has some second hand stuff Click Its got your grab rail aswell
Old 26-05-06, 12:39 PM   #6
Bennett

Excellent guys, thanks a lot. Have emailed the guy about the grab rail, says there is slight corrosion but it will probably be sortable. Had a look on bandit mania before i came on here but didnt see any that i really liked, tried ebay but theres only a few, one looks really flimsy and the other only takes mini indicators. Will have a look at where you guys suggested, thanks again. Will post up pics once i fit the grab rail, hate the black luggage carrier thing.
Old 26-05-06, 06:33 PM   #7
Jonooffler

Default Grab rail

Hi mate I have just repainted my grap rail ,clean off all damage and nasty marks and then paint with Hammerite smooth silver, its a great match ( works well on the frame as well ) I have a old rail for a K3 it's ratty but I can post it to you for £5.00 drop me aline.
I'm off until Tuesday .
Jono